BCS Title Scenarios

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
i think there is no way oregon is getting back in...hearing if usc beats nd, fsu beats florida, nd would still get in over oregon. think ksu with win over texas would get in over oregon too.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If ND loses to Southern Cal and Alabama loses to Georgia, and UF beats FSU then you will have the BCS's, ESPN's and college football fans everywhere worst nightmare; an all SEC NCC game and a rematch no less of the UGA vs UF game.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I say there's a good chance that both Notre Dame and Florida lose, meaning its SEC v Oregon.
I don't see USC beating ND with a backup QB and that horrendous defense. I think Matt Barkeley gave them a chance to win a shootout, but I don't know if the backup can do that. Brian Kelly is also a much better coach than Lame. I may be wrong, but I don't see it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oregon is like us last year. Their one loss took them out of the conference championship game. They will need more pieces to fall than Bama did in 2011.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
I say there's a good chance that both Notre Dame and Florida lose, meaning its SEC v Oregon.
I agree, Florida is really smoke and mirrors and USC may be without Barkley but Max Wittek isn't some slouch. Plus, USC has not 1 but 2 1000 yard rushers on that team and in my opinion the best player in CFB in Marqise Lee.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
Oregon is like us last year. Their one loss took them out of the conference championship game. They will need more pieces to fall than Bama did in 2011.
This year is NOT the 2011 scenario. Last year, the entire country knew that Bama & LSU were the best two teams, bar none. The only reason Bama didn't make the SEC CG was because the best two teams happened to be in the same division of the same conference.

Oregon's loss was NOT to the "other" best team in the country. Unless Oregon winds up in the PAC-12 CG and wins, they will not make it into the BCS CG.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This year is NOT the 2011 scenario. Last year, the entire country knew that Bama & LSU were the best two teams, bar none. The only reason Bama didn't make the SEC CG was because the best two teams happened to be in the same division of the same conference.

Oregon's loss was NOT to the "other" best team in the country. Unless Oregon winds up in the PAC-12 CG and wins, they will not make it into the BCS CG.
My comment about Oregon being like 2011 Alabama dealt with their conference championship hopes. I never said, nor insinuated, they were the best team in the nation.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Oregon does not need to win the Pac12 to get to Miami. All they need is : a win over Oregon State, an FSU win and a USC win. Each of those is probable in my opinion. Of ucla beats Stanford then Oregon also gets to play on the Pac12 championship, which is nice but not something they need.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I have been dreaming all year of an Alabama vs. Notre Dame BCSCG. The history of these two programs and the build up would be awesome. Two great coaches at two storied programs. I love it. Saban would have the opportunity to do something even the Bear didn't do, and that is beat ND for a national title.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
After the uproar over a team that didn't win its division/conference, I think Florida and Oregon have little to no chance of making the title game without some serious upheaval ahead of them.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
After the uproar over a team that didn't win its division/conference, I think Florida and Oregon have little to no chance of making the title game without some serious upheaval ahead of them.
They are the two most likely to be there if ND is knocked out. See OP. He is spot on.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Alright what happens in this Scenario

Bama beats Auburn and Georgia
FSU beats UF
Oregon St. beats Oregon
Texas beats K State
USC beats ND

???

Bama plays who???? LSU, Stanford, Texas A&M, Florida State?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

FSU beats UF
Oregon St. beats Oregon
Texas beats K State
USC beats ND

???

Goodness. I prefer we keep this simple. ND beats USC, and we beat the barn and GA. A lot less headaches. Haha.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

FSU beats UF
Oregon St. beats Oregon
Texas beats K State
USC beats ND

???

Florida State - They would only have 1 loss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.