UA Coaching Staff Players of the Week:
Offense: Anthony Steen, Chance Warmack, Michael Williams
Defense: Nico Johnson, CJ Mosley
Special Teams: Brent Calloway, Landon Collins
- John Fulton will practice "some" today. Everyone should be good to go by Tuesday
- We're not in any conversations about anything but the game we're playing..We're not trying to hold a position; we're trying to create one."
- If we don't win our next game, there is no next game.
- The Iron Bowl is a big deal. Auburn is playing its best football of the year. They've got two really good running backs
- Won't confirm Denver Post report about Colorado State games in 2013 and 2015
- There is no rotation at the PR position. Christion is our guy. We just wanted to get Cyrus some experience there.
- WR injuries have been an issue. Hopefully this week, Kevin Norwood will be back.
- People get emotionally stressed out relative to their positions (i.e. rankings) and you get tense and you don't play as well. None of these things are bad things. It's not like anyone is taking them behind the barn and shooting them.
- Kenyon Drake will be available this week
- Has high praise for Jonathan Wallace. Says he's been good for what Auburn wants to do.
- Asked if it bothers him that the coaching profession has become a "What have you done for me lately?" kinda deal: "It is what it is." Went on to say that he thinks Chizik has done a good job at AU. And he says, "Whether I like it or not, it's the world that we live in. Two years from now if we don't sustain our success, it'll be me in the same seat that those guys are in."
- On creating turnovers: If I knew why were aren't getting them, we'd do what was necessary. We're doing the same things and continue to emphasize it
- Did you enjoy this week?: I enjoy coaching. I enjoy the challenges. I enjoy working with the players. I look forward to working toward the opportunity that we've created for ourselves. It's what competitors do. We have a chance to win our division. As coaches, we have to be positive and energetic. As coaches, if we're uptight about it, the players will be uptight. We have to focus not on what we might lose, but what we can create for ourselves."
- As a team (not talking about AJ, as a team), we haven't thrown the ball well the last couple of games. Not much continuity due to circumstances (various injures and new faces at the WR position). The focus is on trying to improve
- TJ Yeldon has played extremely well for us throughout the year. He's been mature about the role he has, and has handled it as a young player. we've been extremely pleased with what he's done. Hopefully he'll have a great game this Saturday.
- Asked about distractions with this being a home game: There are distractions all the time. There are sometimes distractions in the media. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. You guys are doing your jobs,and we appreciate that. But we wanna be process oriented not outcome oriented. Probably the bigger the game, the more distractions. Regardless of where we're playing this game, though, there will be distractions because it's a rivalry game and it's Thanksgiving week. Player maturity will be key.
- Asked about Nico Johnson's leadership: He cares about this team, loves to play football, and he's a good competitor. He takes a lot of pride about doing things the right way. He's never been negative and never complained about his circumstances (i.e. not being in the game because of opposing teams' offense [Mosley is the primary MLB against spread offenses]. He's always the team guy and does everything he can to help his teammates."