Poll: Guess Week 13's Upsets

Which of these upsets will happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Vegas might be under the impression our staring QB..Jeff Driskel...will not be playing but he has been cleared to play and will practice today. We are playing two QB's in the game according to Coach Muschamp.Go back and look at the '97 game in The Swamp when we beat #1 in the country FSU with Coach Spurrier alternating between Doug Johnson and Noah Brandise. It was quite a battle but we prevailed.

I wouldn't bet against the Gators....not with our defense. :)
I'll certainly admit that the Gators have a really good defense, but FSU might be better. The Seminoles are excellent against the run and until last week's game, Gillislee hadn't looked like an SEC-quality running back since Florida beat LSU. Unless some amazing healing has been going on in Gainesville, Driskel isn't close to 100%. Maybe a tandem system at QB will work, but you have more faith in it that I do. FSU isn't JSU and it will take a whole lot of special teams magic and timely Seminole turnovers for Florida to score enough points (or keep FSU out of the end zone) to keep this game close. Though it's true that the Gators seem to have an outside chance to play for the BCS title, I think FSU does, too. An FSU win could really help them with the computers.

Having watched both teams play, it seems clear that FSU looks better (especially over the past month) than Florida on both sides of the ball - and a whole lot better on offense. To win, Florida needs to have the same kind of luck they had against South Carolina. I don't think that lightning will strike twice, especially outside the Swamp. I could be wrong, but with the game in Tallahassee and the Gator's offensive woes, I see FSU beating Florida by at least two touchdowns. Having said all that, Muschamp and company will probably have less than 50 yards of offense at the half, but be winning by 20 points. However, I'll be amazed if the home team hasn't put the game away by the 4th quarter. I'm no expert, though. If I was, I'd still be betting on football.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for your thoughts Huckleberry. I don't blame anyone for not giving us a chance to beat F.S.U. - we don't look very polished. We have won many of our games in ugly fashion with a capital "U"! We weren't even supposed to win so many games this year.

I'm still amazed we played eight straight S.E.C. games....and only lost one.

Maybe another way to look at it is...we only have to play as well as NC State to win - while F.S.U. has to play as well as U.G.A. to win.

But I am very relieved that so many are not forecasting a Gator win. Last thing we need is to be over-confident for a game like this.

Looking forward to a great day of football! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.