Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How would you feel if Coach Saban hired Derek Dooley?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    I would not at all be surprised if it did happen and we see some changes in coaches being moved around next year. Not saying that it will happen (nor that it should happen) but I would not be surprised. Derek Dooley has been very loyal and has a ton of respect for CNS and remember that CNS and his family are good friends with the Dooley family. I think they may have lake property in North Georgia close to one another. I do wonder if Dooley joining the Bama staff would require more work hours of him than he required of himself at UT?

Also, remember that Coach Sal Sunseri will be looking for work as well and CNS is a big fan of his and I do not believe any bridges were burned when left Bama for UT
    He did not buy a house there...only rented an apartment.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement

Dooley may be a good hire for Saban, but at what position? I think we have two good Coordinators.

On another note, Tennessee's plane came down and picked up John Chavis from his hunting camp Sunday (fact, not rumor). I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Fulmer's XXXL orange jumpsuit next year.
    Last edited by Just Win; November 20th, 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: clarification
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    Dooley may be a good hire for Saban, but at what position? I think we have two good Coordinators.

On another note, Tennessee's plane came down and picked up John Chavis from his hunting camp Sunday (fact, not rumor). I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Fulmer's XXXL orange jumpsuit next year.
    What was Chavis doing at a hunting camp the 5 days before the LSU/Arky game?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team TidePride50's Avatar

How would you feel if Coach Saban hired Derek Dooley?

I would have no problem with it.
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw

BamaNation First Team

I would be fine with it. He coached with CNS for years on some very successful teams. He also has to have some good recruiting ties in TN, KY and NC the Tide could exploit.
    The guy I really hope we get back is Sal Sunseri. He is a really good coach, and I would love to have him back on the staff in any capacity.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    What was Chavis doing at a hunting camp the 5 days before the LSU/Arky game?
    Oh, the possibilities...Chavis to the orange puke and Chicklets takes his place in whoville....oh, the possibilities

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    He walked into a tough situation, but he did himself no favors. The Vols have progressively gotten worse every single year. And he has no excuse to be as bad as they've been. They've got a LOT of NFL talent on their roster, top 5 in the SEC for sure.
    No they haven't.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just don't buy the Chavis talk. JW, can you show where it is fact? I don't see him being at his hunting camp 5 days before the Arkansas game nor do I see him being a serious candidate for UT.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team

I dont think I would "feel" anything at all. My reaction would be one of total indifference. Coach has proven, over and over and over again, that he has it all together. If he felt Dooley was the best fit for a position on our staff that might have come open, then that means he probably is the best fit.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    No they haven't.
    How's that?

2010: 6-7
    2011: 5-7
    2012: 4-7 (when he was fired)
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    How's that?

2010: 6-7
    2011: 5-7
    2012: 4-7 (when he was fired)
    Thanks I did not realize it was that bad.

BamaNation Scout Team RollinTide75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I think the hire would be ok... not so much of a coordinator job, but a good position coach... I just don't know exactly how much better we can get on offense with a different coach... It seems to me like the offensive coaches we have now are doing a real good job... unless someone is leaving and we will need to fill that position at coach.

BamaNation Second Team

Yes, it was that bad. In 3 seasons, Dooley won 4 SEC games total. Yes, total. He had 2 wins over Vandy, 1 over UK, and 1 over Ole Miss. Three of those wins came in his first season. Last year's loss to UK was at the hands of a converted WR starting his first game ever at QB for UK, and the Kats literally ran about 6 different plays over and over, putting in a reduced playbook that week due to those extreme circumstances of having their top 3 quarterbacks injured. Dooley was 1-7 in SEC play last year, and 0-7 this year at the time of his termination. I've had the benefit (or should I say detriment?) of seeing some bad Vol teams in each of the Battle, Majors, and Fulmer era's, but none approached this past season IMHO. The Vol defense consistently gave up 2 or 3 plays each game of 70 yards or better, eked out a win over Troy and trailed Akron late in the third quarter. Granted, they challenged MSU and SC on the road, but could not finish. The Mizzou loss was the topper, blowing leads of 21-7 and 28-14 to lose in quadruple overtime. The guy (Dooley) just found a way to lose EVERY meaningful conference game in 3 years. I don't care how empty the cupboard was in 2009, this guy was never going to win if he had been allowed to stay a decade. Call it bad luck, being snakebit, the victim of the strongest era of the conference, or whatever. Simply put, his time on the Hill was a disaster. i wish CDD good luck with the balance of his career, and do not blame him for taking a lucrative job 3 seasons ago. He probably has some appeal as a recruiting coordinator or position coach, and good luck to him be it at Bama or elsewhere.