How would you feel if Coach Saban hired Derek Dooley?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
He has worked as a WR, RB, TE coach & recruiting co for Coach Saban.
He also coached special teams.

I think if Coach Saban thinks he helps our team, welcome aboard.

What do you think? Is it possible?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is it possible?
Most things are possible. This being one of them. However, I would expect him to be able to take a lower level coaching job and try to work back into a decent job. If he was dealt a better hand, he might have done better; he knew UT was going to be trouble when he took the job, though.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He stayed on a Saban staff what, seven years? The guy obviously is a good coordinator or position coach. Might not be cut out to be a HC. A lot of them are like this. But if Saban hires him then I'm good with it.

It's when Saban hires me is when y'all should start to worry. You know then we're at the bottom of the barrel. :)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Most things are possible. This being one of them. However, I would expect him to be able to take a lower level coaching job and try to work back into a decent job. If he was dealt a better hand, he might have done better; he knew UT was going to be trouble when he took the job, though.
Do you mean a HC job?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
He stayed on a Saban staff what, seven years? The guy obviously is a good coordinator or position coach. Might not be cut out to be a HC. A lot of them are like this. But if Saban hires him then I'm good with it.

It's when Saban hires me is when y'all should start to worry. You know then we're at the bottom of the barrel. :)
You are pretty smart BB!
he was with Coach for a long time & moved with him is the reason I asked. Seems to be a smart move to me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Derek Dooley did nothing to suggest he was who the Vols should hire. He may be a good assistant but head coach is out.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Yeah it does matter. As fans, we are not obligated to like our coaches' decisions.
Do you think that would influence Coach Saban? If yes explain if No .. it doesn't matter. Actually when Lance was rehired plenty were not happy about it correct? Did it change anything at all?

On a personal Yourworld view sure it does, but in reality it doesn't.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't see why he shouldn't be a consideration. He'd probably help with recruiting, even if he wasn't a good SEC coach, he still was in a lot of kids living rooms and such. Also, Saban doesn't like incompetent people. I was thinking that there might be a couple members of the UT staff that Saban might take a look at.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do you think that would influence Coach Saban? If yes explain if No .. it doesn't matter. Actually when Lance was rehired plenty were not happy about it correct? Did it change anything at all?

On a personal Yourworld view sure it does, but in reality it doesn't.
No we do not influence CNS's decisions. However, we do not have to sit back and say "Don't matter what I think. Saban does no wrong. He's going to hire a good one."

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I would not at all be surprised if it did happen and we see some changes in coaches being moved around next year. Not saying that it will happen (nor that it should happen) but I would not be surprised. Derek Dooley has been very loyal and has a ton of respect for CNS and remember that CNS and his family are good friends with the Dooley family. I think they may have lake property in North Georgia close to one another. I do wonder if Dooley joining the Bama staff would require more work hours of him than he required of himself at UT? :)

Also, remember that Coach Sal Sunseri will be looking for work as well and CNS is a big fan of his and I do not believe any bridges were burned when left Bama for UT

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.