1969 Alabama vs Ole Miss Shootout

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I was a freshman in high school and watched the game from a family friend's cabin on the Choctawhatchee River in NW Florida. My family, particularly my dad was a die hard Bama fan but since I'd grown up mostly in Florida, will admit my alegiance was weak to mixed--probably a closet Gator fan at the time. What I remember from the game is just how much the competitive spirit of Archie infected me and will admit that he was my football hero from that day on. While I'd started out somewhat ambivalent about the outcome, I found myself pulling for OM down the stretch much the the dismay of my dad. I remember feeling drained at the end of the game and disappointed that Archie had had to lose not that OM had lost. I remember seeing him the following year play against LSU I believe with a large cast on his arm which severely limited his famous mobility but not his heart. I always felt badly that he played through his NFL prime with a woeful Saints team. Would love to watch this one again!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.