Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 College Football Awards & Finalists

Bednarik Award
    (Presented to the college defensive player of the year by the Maxwell Football Club)Jadeveon Clowney - South Carolina - Defensive End - Sophomore
    Jarvis Jones - Georgia - Linebacker - Junior
    Manti Te'o - Notre Dame - Linebacker - Senior

Biletnikoff Award (Presented to the nation's most outstanding receiver by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation)

Stedman Bailey, West Virginia University
    Marqise Lee, University of Southern California
    Terrance Williams, Baylor University

Bronko Nagurski Trophy (Presented to the nation's most outstanding defensive player by the Charlotte Touchdown Club)

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
    Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Davey O'Brien Award (Presented to the nation's best quarterback by the Davey O'Brien Foundation)

Collin Klein - Kansas State
    Johnny Manziel - Texas A&M
    Braxton Miller - Ohio St.

Doak Walker Award (Presented to the nation's premier running back by the PwC SMU Athletic Forum)

Montee Ball, Wisconsin
    Kenjon Barner, Oregon
    Johnathan Franklin, UCLA

Jim Thorpe Award (Presented to the nation's best defensive back by the Jim Thorpe Association)

Johnathan Banks, Mississippi St.
    Dee Milliner, Alabama
    Phillip Thomas, Fresno St.

Lou Groza Award (
    Presented to the nation's top place-kicker by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission)

Dustin Hopkins, Florida St.
    Cairo Santos, Tulane
    Caleb Sturgis, Florida

Mackey Award (Presented to the nation's most outstanding tight end by the Nassau County Sports Commission)

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    Zach Ertz, Stanford
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington

Maxwell Award (Presented to the college player of the year by the Maxwell Football Club)

Collin Klein - Kansas State - Quarterback - Senior
    Johnny Manziel - Texas A&M - Quarterback - R-Freshman
    Manti Te'o - Notre Dame - Linebacker - Senior

Outland Trophy (Presented to the nation's most outstanding interior lineman by the Football Writers Association of America)

Barrett Jones - Alabama - Center
    Luke Joeckel - Texas A&M - Offensive Tackle
    Jonathan Cooper - North Carolina - Guard

Ray Guy Award (Presented to the college punter of the year by the Augusta (Ga.) Sports Council)

Ray Allen - LaTech
    Scott Kovanda - Ball State
    Kyle Christie - Florida

Rotary Lombardi Award (Presented to the college lineman of the year by the Rotary Club of Houston)

Jadeveon Clowney - University of South Carolina Defensive End
    Barrett Jones - University of Alabama Offensive Lineman
    Jarvis Jones - University of Georgia Outside Linebacker
    Manti Te’o - Notre Dame University Inside Linebacker

I'll add the Butkus, Rimington, and William V. Campbell Award finalists as they become available.

Update: Butkus Award Finalists announced today:

Dion Jordan - Oregon
    Manti Te'o - ND
    CJ Mosley - Alabama
    Jarvis Jones - UGA
    Kevin Minter - LSU
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 20th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 College Football Awards & Finalists

Great! Thanks for putting this all in one thread.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Surprised to see Jones in the running for the Outland again this year. He has not had a dominant season at center.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm kind of surprised not to see Shelley as a finalist for the Groza award, considering that he's the only kicker in FBS that hasn't missed a kick all season.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Surprised to see Jones in the running for the Outland again this year. He has not had a dominant season at center.
    Can you define "dominant" as it pertains to a center? His snaps are pretty good, he's not getting owned by guys bigger than him. He calls the protection, what more can he do?

From my phone with Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Outside of the A&M game, I do not recall a game where he's had an extreme amount of problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    I'm kind of surprised not to see Shelley as a finalist for the Groza award, considering that he's the only kicker in FBS that hasn't missed a kick all season.
    I was thinking about this while listening to the game Saturday. The reason he isn't a finalist is probably because he doesn't do all the kicks. If he did the long distance kicks and kick-offs, I would expect him to be a finalist.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Jones has the chance to be the most decorated lineman in Bama history. That's kind of a big deal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    It is a shame. He hasn't had to kick that many field goals this year. He only has 10 field goals, guess it was good we didn't need him as much this year. I think the other guys have double that.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If you have a bucket list this awards show should be on it. If you can find a way to be at Disney Dec 6 th you will never regret it. Wife & I went last year & had a wonderful time. I won't rehash it but not only the players but their parents & coaches are there & everyone was so nice.

I was able to play flag football with Warren Moon & Doug Flutie & this experience ranks just under that.

I know I'm biased, but shouldn't a National Championship Ring and a chance for another count for something in the Davey O'Brien Award? Would you take any of those 3 finalists over AJ for the remainder of our season?
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 College Football Awards & Finalists

Updated with Butkus Award Finalists including CJ Mosley
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein