Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn preview: Bama wants to channel memories of 2011, not 2009

We are talking about Auburn here right? Winless in the SEC...Auburn?

Not a very physical 10-2 LSU team at Tiger Stadium. Or a very good Heisman candidate, QB, where we had a good defensive second half against and had a chance to win the game. Not to mention an undefeated team on the road.

Just checking.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaphd@una View Post
    Quite honestly, I'm a little nervous that no one is giving au a chance....we should win, but gosh there is a lot on the line in this game.
    My gut tells me we smash auburn. But history has proven me wrong enough times that I dang sure ain't guaranteeing anything. College football is so unpredictable. Who would have thought a 4-5 Baylor would have blown out K State in their own backyard? Strange things happen at the end of every college season. I'm just hoping the Iron Bowl tomorrow isn't one of them.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    My gut tells me we smash auburn. But history has proven me wrong enough times that I dang sure ain't guaranteeing anything. College football is so unpredictable. Who would have thought a 4-5 Baylor would have blown out K State in their own backyard? Strange things happen at the end of every college season. I'm just hoping the Iron Bowl tomorrow isn't one of them.

Biggest difference, Baylor is #2 in total offense....Auburn is #112. You can't make an excuse for those numbers as just stats.
    Roll Tide

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Biggest difference, Baylor is #2 in total offense....Auburn is #112. You can't make an excuse for those numbers as just stats.
    The game has to still be played is the overriding point. Odds are we'll kill auburn. But as posted above, I doubt just rolling our helmets out there is going to do it. The unexpected is always in play in late season games. I've watched too much college football to think otherwise. Will it in this game? I don't know and I hope not. I hope the game goes as the point spread indicates. But it would not shock me one bit if the game was much closer than many think.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    The game has to still be played is the overriding point. Odds are we'll kill auburn. But as posted above, I doubt just rolling our helmets out there is going to do it. The unexpected is always in play in late season games. I've watched too much college football to think otherwise. Will it in this game? I don't know and I hope not. I hope the game goes as the point spread indicates. But it would not shock me one bit if the game was much closer than many think.
    Yeah we will definitely not be able to just come out on the field and have them lay down. I don't care what the score is, I just want our guys healthy for next week and a win.

I am also not one that is predicting in the 40-50's I still think we stay in the 35 point range...but that is a blowout to me.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    And Baylor was 120th in total defense.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC TheAccountant's Avatar

Well, if we let a true freshman QB who's only in his 4th start, and who was shut out by Georgia at home, give us a game than that doesn't say much about us. Thankfully, the chances of that happening should be about the same as Gene Chizik getting a raise this year.

I don't think we cover the 34 but there's no way I see us winning by an less than 17. Auburn has not showed me anything (sans LSU at home early) that they are capable of playing any decent team close. You can't ignore that. If I'm wrong, so be it.
    Last edited by TheAccountant; November 23rd, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC TheAccountant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    And Baylor was 120th in total defense.
    K State learned heavy is the crown that night. Baylor played extremely well but K State also had helped them with a major choke job. I don't see 'Bama choking under the pressure or the Barn rising to the occasion after laying on the mat all year.

BamaNation Second Team tidegrad92's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

My hope is we come out like we did in the last game and go up 21+ points in the first quarter. This will demoralize the boogers! But we should not let up at that point. Our team (2nd stringers, etc.) should get playing time but should play their best to finish off the boogers!

Bama 45
    the barn 6
    "If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty. I like to win. I know no other way. It's in my blood."
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Proud third generation graduate of THE University

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccountant View Post
    Well, if we let a true freshman QB who's only in his 4th start, and who was shut out by Georgia at home, give us a game than that doesn't say much about us. Thankfully, the chances of that happening should be about the same as Gene Chizik getting a raise this year.

I don't think we cover the 34 but there's no way I see us winning by an less than 17. Auburn has not showed me anything (sans LSU at home early) that they are capable of playing any decent team close. You can't ignore that. If I'm wrong, so be it.
    What keeps me a bit "cautious" I guess is the LSU game. For the first 8 games their offense looked god-awful. Mettenberger looked lost, couldn't do anything right, and looked like a total bust. There was nothing about their play through the first eight games that would indicate ANY progress or threat to us going into our game. Then came our game. How ever they did it, when they stepped foot on the field with us everything that they couldn't do for the first eight games (on offense) they all of a sudden could do against us. It was one of the most amazing transformation of an offense I've ever seen in a two week time frame. Auburn hasn't done jack squat all year long. They played their best game against LSU early in the year. I expect a similar effort tomorrow. It just seems for Alabama we get struggling teams best performances of the year. I expect no different tomorrow.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I respect every opponent...I really do, but this Auburn unit would need to play with intensity (which I think they will try to do so). The thing is that intensity will really only keep them in the first 15 minutes...after that it settles down into a game of execution which I don't think Auburn can do over 60 minutes

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama channelled memories of 1948.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius