JessN: Auburn preview: Bama wants to channel memories of 2011, not 2009

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
And Baylor was 120th in total defense.
K State learned heavy is the crown that night. Baylor played extremely well but K State also had helped them with a major choke job. I don't see 'Bama choking under the pressure or the Barn rising to the occasion after laying on the mat all year.

tidegrad92

Scout Team
Dec 1, 2000
North Carolina
My hope is we come out like we did in the last game and go up 21+ points in the first quarter. This will demoralize the boogers! But we should not let up at that point. Our team (2nd stringers, etc.) should get playing time but should play their best to finish off the boogers!

Bama 45
the barn 6

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Well, if we let a true freshman QB who's only in his 4th start, and who was shut out by Georgia at home, give us a game than that doesn't say much about us. Thankfully, the chances of that happening should be about the same as Gene Chizik getting a raise this year.

I don't think we cover the 34 but there's no way I see us winning by an less than 17. Auburn has not showed me anything (sans LSU at home early) that they are capable of playing any decent team close. You can't ignore that. If I'm wrong, so be it.
What keeps me a bit "cautious" I guess is the LSU game. For the first 8 games their offense looked god-awful. Mettenberger looked lost, couldn't do anything right, and looked like a total bust. There was nothing about their play through the first eight games that would indicate ANY progress or threat to us going into our game. Then came our game. How ever they did it, when they stepped foot on the field with us everything that they couldn't do for the first eight games (on offense) they all of a sudden could do against us. It was one of the most amazing transformation of an offense I've ever seen in a two week time frame. Auburn hasn't done jack squat all year long. They played their best game against LSU early in the year. I expect a similar effort tomorrow. It just seems for Alabama we get struggling teams best performances of the year. I expect no different tomorrow.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I respect every opponent...I really do, but this Auburn unit would need to play with intensity (which I think they will try to do so). The thing is that intensity will really only keep them in the first 15 minutes...after that it settles down into a game of execution which I don't think Auburn can do over 60 minutes

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.