Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: What was your most memorable Alabama vs. Auburn game?

The 1958 game that Auburn won 40-0, running up the score gleefully against a really rotten, winless Alabama team led by a pitiful old coach who had already been fired....

That was the game that decided me to go to Alabama and made me for all eternity hate all things Auburn.

RTR

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Several contenders:
    --"I waxed the dude" was there as a student. Loved it!

--85 - Was in grad(ual) school @ UA, & thus sitting in the student section. Just incredible.

--The next year (I believe...can't recall dates so well any more...) when Bo ran all over us for nearly 300 yards. I know; we lost. But that remains the single greatest game performance I've seen live & in person.

--The honk-if-you've-sacked-Brodie game in BDS. Again, I know; we lost. But my son & I scored tix to that when he was in HS & we went. Had a blast despite the outcome.

Those are my faves that I saw live & in person. My fave tv game would be the 36-0 game; total domination. Got a hunch this year's may jump up near the top of the list...

(dis-honorable mention: punt-Bama-punt game. I was in jr. high; our HC/A.D. was A.C. Langner...whose son David scored the two TDs. I'll give everyone ONE guess who our guest speaker was @ the athletic banquet the next Spring...and what highlights we saw broken down in great detail that night. My Dad was somewhat chapped about it, as was I.)
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama63 View Post
    The 1958 game that Auburn won 40-0, running up the score gleefully against a really rotten, winless Alabama team led by a pitiful old coach who had already been fired....

That was the game that decided me to go to Alabama and made me for all eternity hate all things Auburn.

RTR
    '63, I believe you're off by a year. It was 1957 they curb-stomped us. 1958 the score was 8-14, University of Auburn.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Most memorable is the Punt Bama Punt Game. I caught more grief over that game than any in history.

My most memorable favorite personally is the last drive against AU in 09. "The Kick" was cool but we weren't very good and I'm not into celebrating upset wins over Auburn.

sip

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

2001 because we completely dominated them in Auburn, and because it was my birthday. After that, the 2008 game for obvious reasons.
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -Linus van Pelt.

1985 for the drama and excitement, 2008 for the long exhale.
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bama63 View Post

RTR
    That's mine also, but it wasn't 1958; it was 1957. I was a freshman at the time. It was also the coldest football game I've ever attended. My blanket didn't help. I left midway of the 4th quarter, but I couldn't get warm even down in the parking lot...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team BamaHerb's Avatar

I have been to many, but "The Kick" in 1985 is the first one that comes to mind.
    ROLL TIDE!!!!
    BamaHerb

The 1994 Iron Bowl has been my favorite that I've actually been old enough to witness. There are sheets of paper wider than the amount in which we stopped Frank Sanders on that fourth down play late in the fourth. We should've won going away, but turnovers kept also undefeated Auburn in the game until we finally put it away. One of the most exciting first halves in Alabama history.

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar

What was your most memorable Alabama vs. Auburn game?

I see a lot of references to the 1996 game. One of my faves as well. I was close to the end zone where Riddle scored. Crowd was just deafening.

I also REALLY enjoyed the 94' game. It was an exciting game, the one that ended with Bama taking a knee after the barn came up millimeters short on a last-ditch fourth down attempt. But the BEST part was my barner brother in law storming out of the stadium and making an absolute jerk of himself on the way home.

Sadly, 2010.

1996 is a close second.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I loved the '85 game and "The Kick" is probably my favorite Bama memory. I was the '98 game and it was awesoms too. Down 17-0 at halftime and I had no confidence that Dubose could come back. 2nd half turned into the Shaun Alexander Show and we won 34-17. Good times.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    I loved the '85 game and "The Kick" is probably my favorite Bama memory. I was the '98 game and it was awesoms too. Down 17-0 at halftime and I had no confidence that Dubose could come back. 2nd half turned into the Shaun Alexander Show and we won 34-17. Good times.
    We got down 17-0 in the 1st quarter. We only tailed 17-14 at the half.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.