Question: What was your most memorable Alabama vs. Auburn game?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The shutout of 2012 was a great game that we dominated in every aspect.

Then Auburn was slapped with numerous violations during post season, and Alabama went on to win their 15th Championship. Such great memories.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Two most memorables:

Bad - Don't remember the year. It was at BDS. It was 40 degrees, raining and sleeting, and we lost.

Good - 2009. The Drive. A great part of the greatest season ever.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Two most memorables:

Bad - Don't remember the year. It was at BDS. It was 40 degrees, raining and sleeting, and we lost

Good - 2009. The Drive. A great part of the greatest season ever.
Believe that would be '00. Described by many who attended as their worst IB experience.

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
Fantastic team, fantastic game.

I think the players in the picture are:
#30 rt wing in 'bone Joe LaBue
#44 on the ground, up back in 'bone Steve Bisciglia
#84 team captain, end David Bailey
#22 team captain, lt wing in the 'bone Johnny Musso

also #52 for the University of Auburn lb Bill Luka
I believe you are correct on all. I also think that it is very possibly John Hannah in the bottom right corner, though you can't see a number.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
1990- It was my first fall as a student at UA. I transferred from a junior college and started in January of 1990. My first night there I had walked over to Coleman to watch people have a very small rally for Bill Curry. Well, he left, and we hired Gene Stallings. It didn't start out very well for us that year- 0-3. However, Coach Stallings changed us from a high scoring offensive team that was making mistakes to a tough, hard-nosed defensive team that was sitting at 6-4 heading into the Iron Bowl. Auburn had won three or four in a row in the late 80's, including the previous year, which was the first time the game had been played in Auburn. It also ruined our 10-0 record from the previous year. It was my first Iron Bowl where I was actually in the stadium. The crowd was rocking the whole game. I still remember thinking that the stadium was actually shaking as one side of the stadium would yell, "Ala!" while the other side matched with "Bama!" Our defense was incredible, and we ended their streak that day. That is still the loudest game I have ever attended. It was awesome.
I have this game on videotape. I was at many Iron Bowls (not called that then) at Legion Field when younger but not this one, the first one to be a Bama home game (hence, most seats were Bama instead of the 50-50 split as before) as I remember after the aubies finally got their home game in auburn in 1989. I have never heard a roar as loud as that from our fans when we (Doyle?) kicked the clinching FG after a great drive late in the game. Every year at this time I replay that segment over and over to watch and hear that great moment. What made it even more special was that it was the start of Dye's decline cementing his place in the cheaters' HOF.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.