Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Re: What was your most memorable Alabama vs. Auburn game?

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    1990- It was my first fall as a student at UA. I transferred from a junior college and started in January of 1990. My first night there I had walked over to Coleman to watch people have a very small rally for Bill Curry. Well, he left, and we hired Gene Stallings. It didn't start out very well for us that year- 0-3. However, Coach Stallings changed us from a high scoring offensive team that was making mistakes to a tough, hard-nosed defensive team that was sitting at 6-4 heading into the Iron Bowl. Auburn had won three or four in a row in the late 80's, including the previous year, which was the first time the game had been played in Auburn. It also ruined our 10-0 record from the previous year. It was my first Iron Bowl where I was actually in the stadium. The crowd was rocking the whole game. I still remember thinking that the stadium was actually shaking as one side of the stadium would yell, "Ala!" while the other side matched with "Bama!" Our defense was incredible, and we ended their streak that day. That is still the loudest game I have ever attended. It was awesome.
    I have this game on videotape. I was at many Iron Bowls (not called that then) at Legion Field when younger but not this one, the first one to be a Bama home game (hence, most seats were Bama instead of the 50-50 split as before) as I remember after the aubies finally got their home game in auburn in 1989. I have never heard a roar as loud as that from our fans when we (Doyle?) kicked the clinching FG after a great drive late in the game. Every year at this time I replay that segment over and over to watch and hear that great moment. What made it even more special was that it was the start of Dye's decline cementing his place in the cheaters' HOF.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

unfortunately mine was 2 years ago. guess i'll never get over it...still in disbelief

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Joe View Post
    1985 - The Van Tiffin kick was not only long but emphatic.
    1996 - Dennis Riddle. What a nifty cut to get into the end zone.
    Ditto
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I think it was the 1967 game. Bama won 7 to 3.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

24-0...