Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 40
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jdatide View Post
    Totally agree. We all knew ksu would lose, although I thought it would be to texas and not Baylor. I was counting on the USC beatdown of nd to be our path to the BCSNCG. Happy that Stanford stepped up, though. I still think BAMA-oregon for the championship game.
    I think Oregon goes down again.....

    I'm starting to think we see Bama VS K State....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I think Oregon goes down again.....

    I'm starting to think we see Bama VS K State....
    Even if Oregon loses, I think K State has 0% chance (or very close to it). They are sitting at #6 in the BCS with only one more game to play. Even if Oregon lost again, Florida still has a substantial lead on K-State, and it will only get bigger if they beat FSU. You also have to factor in that ND may not drop below K-State if they happen to lose this weekend. Just don't see that matchup happening.

  4. #16
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: U$c freshman backup guarantees victory over mitre dumb

    Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    I think something more along the lines of 'I'm gonna go out there and do everything I can to lead us to a victory' is better than what he said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To wordsy for my taste...

  5. #17
    BamaNation All-SEC ROLLTRIBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    sounds just like a freshman....

  6. #18
    BamaNation First Team mparker2997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I think Notre Dame has to score at least 30 to win, and even that might not be enough. There's absolutely no way their corners can cover USC's receivers even with a back up QB for USC.
    Call me crazy but I still think USC runs away with this game.
    Before you jump me though, know this......I sincerely HOPE Notre Dame wins. I'd LOVE to play them in the BCS if we win out.
    I just don't think it will happen.
    sip
    Agree

  7. #19
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MOODY, AL
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    What an awful choice pull for USC or ND?
    Or a beautiful day. If ND wins and we take care of business a BCS championship for the ages but if USC wins...........giggle giggle.

  8. #20
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    sounds just like a freshman....
    Which is exactly why Saban is a genius.

  9. #21
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas USA
    Posts
    8,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Well, he's no Namath

  10. #22
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Even if Oregon loses, I think K State has 0% chance (or very close to it). They are sitting at #6 in the BCS with only one more game to play. Even if Oregon lost again, Florida still has a substantial lead on K-State, and it will only get bigger if they beat FSU. You also have to factor in that ND may not drop below K-State if they happen to lose this weekend. Just don't see that matchup happening.
    FSU beats UF
    USC beats ND
    UCLA beats Oregon
    KState beats UT

    Gives us three 1 loss teams

    ND, K State, FSU

    Can't lose last and move into BCSCG

    Leaving FSU or K State

    The Computers hate FSU
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

  11. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    USC has beaten ND 10 out of the last 12 years (I was told today by an ND grad, don't have time to look it up)...granted, ND hasn't exactly been world-beaters in that stretch; but USC would rather beat ND than UCLA. He (ND grad) is scared to death about this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. ND's offense ain't great by any stretch, but neither is USC's defense. And I think ND's defense is over-rated (Pitt). So, can an untested frosh QB beat ND? Did a frosh QB beat Bama? Granted, he had some games under his belt, but still, a freshman going against one of the best defenses in the country. Stranger things have happened....but not this week. "No" Touchdown Jesus has followed ND to California. Bama gets the shot we have all been waiting for (if/when they take care of the 'dogs.) ND 21 USC20

  12. #24
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    FSU beats UF
    USC beats ND
    UCLA beats Oregon
    KState beats UT

    Gives us three 1 loss teams

    ND, K State, FSU

    Can't lose last and move into BCSCG

    Leaving FSU or K State

    The Computers hate FSU
    Like I said, even if ND loses to USC, they will probably still be ahead of K-State in the rankings. The voters dropped K-State to 7-8 in the human polls that make up the BCS. If your scenario happens, I think it would still be Bama vs ND, although the #2 spot would be very close between the two.
    Last edited by RollTideMang; November 20th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

  13. #25
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    USC has beaten ND 10 out of the last 12 years (I was told today by an ND grad, don't have time to look it up)...granted, ND hasn't exactly been world-beaters in that stretch; but USC would rather beat ND than UCLA. He (ND grad) is scared to death about this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. ND's offense ain't great by any stretch, but neither is USC's defense. And I think ND's defense is over-rated (Pitt). So, can an untested frosh QB beat ND? Did a frosh QB beat Bama? Granted, he had some games under his belt, but still, a freshman going against one of the best defenses in the country. Stranger things have happened....but not this week. "No" Touchdown Jesus has followed ND to California. Bama gets the shot we have all been waiting for (if/when they take care of the 'dogs.) ND 21 USC20
    ND fans know that this whole season they have been playing on borrowed time.

  14. #26
    FB Moderator WMack4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    8,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

    OK..Let's think about this for a second.

    If USC loses, nobody's surprised, and as soon as the next game kicks off, nobody will remember the kid's "guarantee".

    But let's say that USC does pull this off....the kid will become a mythical figure and go into next season as a Heisman favorite (it's all about hype these days, after all).



    And I know it's already been said that the media is basically manufacturing false controversy, but let's say that the kid was wildly brash and said, "I guarantee we'll win. I'll be my scholarship on it."

    What is it going to hurt? Does anyone think that Notre Dame can be any more motivated than they already are? They have ONE game to win to go to their first national championship game in about 2 decades. If you need bulletin board material to get up for this game then you don't belong.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

    “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!