Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Realistically will another SEC West team not named Bama and LSU ever win a NC?

Quote Originally Posted by PacadermaTideUs View Post
    One day. the next Paul Bryant or Nick Saban will get lured to Oxford and Ole Miss will become a perennial powerhouse for 2 years until a bigger school offers him more money and he leaves.
    FIFY

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Realistically will another SEC West team not named Bama and LSU ever win a NC?

Barner fans think they will be back in a couple of years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

I could certainly see aTm being capable. Anything is possible, right?
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by im4uainva View Post
    I don't know, Mr Sippi. ATM is in a pretty good position to solidify their talent and status in the SEC. Their recruiting base and current coaching could prove to be quite a problem for the West in the future. No one, no one, that I'm aware of, predicted how well they would do this year. I do not claim to be as informed or as smart as you are, but I am impressed with what the Aggies have accomplished this year. And I feel it's quite possible that they could snare another NC for the SEC down the road. I think next year in Tyler is going to be very interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

Roll Tsunami, Roll!

They would indeed be the one other team that has a chance imo.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by tidefanbeezer View Post
    I think Arkansas has the ability to win if everything goes right, but that will be rare. Texas A&M is probably a more likely candidate to be consistently successful and perhaps win a title. That is assuming, of course, that they can avoid bonehead moves like hiring Mike McCarthy.
    I don't think aTm will do quite as well next year w/johnny football. Running the triple option was something no one could stop at first but in just a couple of years, teams figured that taking away the pitch man would stop it because the qb would have to run it or try to find an open receiver. Teams will learn the key to stopping Manziel just as readily.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Texas A&M might win one next year.
    Arkansas and Auburn have the facilities if the get the right coaching staff to be back in the hunt in 3-4 years, easy.

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    I don't think aTm will do quite as well next year w/johnny football. Running the triple option was something no one could stop at first but in just a couple of years, teams figured that taking away the pitch man would stop it because the qb would have to run it or try to find an open receiver. Teams will learn the key to stopping Manziel just as readily.
    True. Teams may learn to stop Manziel in the next few years.

But the question was in regards to the larger scope of winning a national title at some point in the future. Given their recruiting base and resources, I think Texas A&M is probably the best bet to be a consistently good team in the future that will occasionally win national titles.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In order of chances:

Texas A&M <- if Bama and LSU get some serious sanctions against them.
    Auburn <- that's right - somehow they always find a way to get near the top of the division ~eventually~ because of being in the state as us.
    Arkansas <- that's right - they'll field a decent team once ever ten-fifteen years that *could* win it but they just don't have the coaching.
    Miss St <- no chance
    Ole Miss <- no chance

The Mississippi's could go either way.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Texas A&M will probably be able to own Texas recruiting now and they will have the added benefit of being able to dip in to SEC corners of the world now unlike the other teams in Texas. Not hard selling players you get to play against Alabama and LSU every year than Florida and Georgia is possible.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Realistically will another SEC West team not named Bama and LSU ever win a NC?

This is all relatively cyclical. I say yes it is possible thinking big picture.

When you look at it there is a good possibility Bama will have down years again in the future also....and will rebound again. This is why I am enjoying this ride, and not getting cocky, being on top of college football right now because it will last forever. It is all too familiar in my memory of the troubles we endured from 2000 to 2006/7. I can really appreciate where we/Bama is now.

Let's not lose focus. To know where you are going, you have to remember where you've been.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Realistically will another SEC West team not named Bama and LSU ever win a NC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Texas A&M will probably be able to own Texas recruiting now and they will have the added benefit of being able to dip in to SEC corners of the world now unlike the other teams in Texas. Not hard selling players you get to play against Alabama and LSU every year than Florida and Georgia is possible.
    I agree. aTm could be a sleeping giant.

Suspended

No reason to think A&M couldn't make things happen. Going to be a monster long term.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

aTm will be the David (vs Goliath) every now and again to decent schoos but sorry, I don't see aTm ever becoming dominators.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS