Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: What auburn fans will be doing during the Iron Bowl.

Barn fans will be reading a lot of articles like this

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/the_great_iron_bowl_mismatch_h.html

And will be hearing Verne and Gary discussing the reasons they have fallen so quickly while the score gets uglier and uglier for them as the game progresses. Going to be a great day!!
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team BamaAlum97's Avatar

What auburn fans will be doing during the Iron Bowl.

Wow...that is pretty sad...I can honestly say that I have never intentionally not watched a Bama game. When I am in the stands, I have never left a Bama game early.
    Twitter: @BamaAlum97

The University of Alabama: Class of 1997
    Oklahoma State University: Class of 2005

There is a fine line between being a "die-hard" fan and just another critic!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=10584420

this is the one that made me want to take a bat to them. Piece of crap fanbase.
    Beer is good food! Yagerbomb the nectar of the gods!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just spent the day with three of them. 1 is going deer hunting and the other 2 will be Christmas shopping. Pretty sad crew.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Be a good day for them to patch their underpinning.

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Even during the 6 year drought (6 losses in a row to the barn) I never felt like that. I'm excited for the Iron Bowl every year.

Like someone already said they're proving to be fair weather fans.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

What auburn fans will be doing during the Iron Bowl.

I like the one that says he plans on watching the Florida-FSU game and then switch to our game because it starts later. Umm, they start at the same time. Imagine his surprise when he turns to our game and sees Bama leading by 3 TDs

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    I like the one that says he plans on watching the Florida-FSU game and then switch to our game because it starts later. Umm, they start at the same time. Imagine his surprise when he turns to our game and sees Bama leading by 3 TDs
    Won't be a surprise at all. The claim to not know the start time is a lame excuse for "REALLY??? I MISSED IT. WHAT WAS THE DAMAGE AGAIN?"

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

I don't get the fair weather fandom. Even though I knew it was hopeless I tuned in the 2000 Iron Bowl. I admit leaving early from the TV but that's because I was a church youth director and was chaperoning some teenagers at a CCM concert. In fact, I watched every televised game in 2000 except UCLA, and that's because of a necessary family reunion in Missouri (and that game was not shown there at least where I was).

I missed the 93 because it wasn't on TV and 06 because my sister got married (followed by her third divorce but anyway). Otherwise I've seen all of them since 1983, and I was in Germany for that one. I was so desperate in 91 I actually just stood and watched the entire thing at Sears.

I guess they got that year of wearing shirts and now don't even go to the games. I have more respect for those mental cases who wear paper sacks over their heads than those fans who don't go.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    Barn fans will be reading a lot of articles like this

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/the_great_iron_bowl_mismatch_h.html

And will be hearing Verne and Gary discussing the reasons they have fallen so quickly while the score gets uglier and uglier for them as the game progresses. Going to be a great day!!
    excellent article. not so much about auburn's issues BUT on what CNS and Bama does right!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I don't get the fair weather fandom. Even though I knew it was hopeless I tuned in the 2000 Iron Bowl. I admit leaving early from the TV but that's because I was a church youth director and was chaperoning some teenagers at a CCM concert. In fact, I watched every televised game in 2000 except UCLA, and that's because of a necessary family reunion in Missouri (and that game was not shown there at least where I was).

I missed the 93 because it wasn't on TV and 06 because my sister got married (followed by her third divorce but anyway). Otherwise I've seen all of them since 1983, and I was in Germany for that one. I was so desperate in 91 I actually just stood and watched the entire thing at Sears.

I guess they got that year of wearing shirts and now don't even go to the games. I have more respect for those mental cases who wear paper sacks over their heads than those fans who don't go.
    Some people just can't handle seeing their team be humiliated by those that they despise so much. It's a bit cowardly and means they put too much emphasis on a sports game, but it's human nature for some. I can't empathize, but i can sympathize.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

So....everyone has this game "won" before it is played? I get negative vibes from all of this...How did Baylor stack up against KS? RTR - but all of this talk is giving me a worrisome feeling. Just me being worrisome.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaphd@una View Post
    So....everyone has this game "won" before it is played? I get negative vibes from all of this...How did Baylor stack up against KS? RTR - but all of this talk is giving me a worrisome feeling. Just me being worrisome.....
    We are fans...not coaches or players. As long as the coaches and players don't look ahead and are well prepared, we will be fine. It doesn't matter what fans are saying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL