Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Ohio State faithful petition president

SIAP....didn't see it on the front page

please let's keep this thread on topic and off politics (the Buckeyes)

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...ionship-111912

“The Ohio State University football team is one win away from an undefeated season. However, due to imposed sanctions, they are not allowed to participate in their conference’s championship game or the following bowl season. While a punishment for past indiscretions is to be expected, a bowl season ban is too harsh for a few young men trading memorabilia for tattoos and some change. The offending players and coach who covered it up are no longer part of the program. Please exercise your executive power to pardon the NCAA’s excessive sanctions placed on The Ohio State Buckeyes to enable a rightful, satisfying culmination to the college football season for the American people.”
    The petition has since been removed by whitehouse.gov for violating their terms of participation.
    Last edited by CrimsonSEC; November 20th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Re: Ohio State faithful petition president

The rules apply to every one, but the big whatever they are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Ohio State faithful petition president

Really funny!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They might have avoided this fate if they had taken the voluntary postseason ban last season rather than playing in the Gator Bowl last season.

I don't feel bad for them at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Typical. It's different until it's your team.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Using the line of reasoning here, shouldn't Alabama be the 2002 SEC West champions and get a BCS bowl?
    :13

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think whoever did this was just trying to be funny. No big deal.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Okay guys, I know a lot of you are going to look at this and laugh "funny or not" but getting on with it. I actually agree with the statement. For one I don't get the big deal about selling some stuff or the tats for that matter either.

IF NFL PLAYERS CAN DO IT NCAA PLAYERS SHOULD BE ALOUD TO

To be even more "funny" I think most if not all NCAA sactions are very questionable including the ones that were placed on Bama a decade or so ago. I honestly think Coaches should be able to recruit how they want to with out rules. I think palyers should be able to do what the want with boosters such as taking cash, fishing trips, letting the coach give your dad $100,000 and then your dad sayss he knows nothing about it.

Like I said I know a lot of people who read this are going to be like "your crazy" but its my true thought.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Okay guys, I know a lot of you are going to look at this and laugh "funny or not" but getting on with it. I actually agree with the statement. For one I don't get the big deal about selling some stuff or the tats for that matter either.

To be even more "funny" I think most if not all NCAA sactions are very questionable including the ones that were placed on Bama a decade or so ago. I honestly think Coaches should be able to recruit how they want to with out rules. I think palyers should be able to do what the want with boosters such as taking cash, fishing trips, letting the coach give your dad $100,000 and then your dad sayss he knows nothing about it.

Like I said I know a lot of people who read this are going to be like "your crazy" but its my true thought.
    Dude, you're crazy. Way crazy.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I hate it for Ohio State fans, but that's the way it goes...
    If Notre Dame loses then they're the last man standing, and no one will know if they were the real deal or not.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

You're CRAZY. What about the recruits rights to not be abused by recruiters especially during the time they are taking tests trying to graduate, OH WAIT! You prolly think they shouldn't be made to study to graduate. The school with the most money wins the NC every year because they can afford the best players. Well, so much for parity.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, they play in the BIG? - Strike 1.
    They cheated - Strike 2.
    Urban Meyer is their coach - Strike 3.

Heck, I 'll give them a 4th strike.... They are OSU.

They should be thankful for the bowl ban. It prevents them from getting smoked again by another SEC school.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think I'd like to watch it burn ...