News Article: Ohio State faithful petition president

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
The overtime win at home against Purdue, the escape against UAB at home, the seven point win over a 3-9 Cal team at home, and the 3 point win at Indiana are real signs of a championship caliber team. :rolleye2:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
OK, they play in the BIG? - Strike 1.
They cheated - Strike 2.
Urban Meyer is their coach - Strike 3.

Heck, I 'll give them a 4th strike.... They are OSU.

They should be thankful for the bowl ban. It prevents them from getting smoked again by another SEC school.
No! According to them they are TOSU "The Ohio State University". Where did they come up with that? Are we TUA "The University of Alabama"?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The overtime win at home against Purdue, the escape against UAB at home, the seven point win over a 3-9 Cal team at home, and the 3 point win at Indiana are real signs of a championship caliber team. :rolleye2:

Agree, it would be different if they could play a good bowl game against a decent team to prove themselves. I just don't see how the AP could award them anything, the Big 10 has been noted as a weak conference this year. They need a quality win over a team outside of there.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Okay guys, I know a lot of you are going to look at this and laugh "funny or not" but getting on with it. I actually agree with the statement. For one I don't get the big deal about selling some stuff or the tats for that matter either.

IF NFL PLAYERS CAN DO IT NCAA PLAYERS SHOULD BE ALOUD TO:mad:

To be even more "funny" I think most if not all NCAA sactions are very questionable including the ones that were placed on Bama a decade or so ago. I honestly think Coaches should be able to recruit how they want to with out rules. I think palyers should be able to do what the want with boosters such as taking cash, fishing trips, letting the coach give your dad $100,000 and then your dad sayss he knows nothing about it.

Like I said I know a lot of people who read this are going to be like "your crazy" but its my true thought.
Taking your post at face value, a couple of things pop out. First of all, there a lot of people who agree with you about compensation for college players. I don't think that idea is crazy, but allowing it on the same scale as NFL invites a situation where many players become more powerful than their team and coach. This is a very complex area that can go in many different directions, most of them bad for the game we see on the field.

The latter suggestion would destroy college football. Many small schools think the situation you descibed already exists to some extent. They're right and wrong, but that's another debate. However, to allow the high school kids and their families to force school to engage in legal bidding wars for the best players out there would be the end of college football. Think Alabama can spend? If what you described is allowed, we could become small potatoes in a hurry. For example, suppose Mark Cuban wanted to spend a billion or so bucks he has sitting around. Under your scenario, he could call the barn, offer them virtually unlimited spending money to buy the players of which he approved, and essentially buy their football program . Add in a few more insanely rich people, and suddenly we have really young phenoms playing for a dozen or so teams in an pseudo-NFL league. All the other schools might as well forget playing those teams. A Saudi billionaire wants to buy a team for fun or Nike wants to really advertise their product? Hey, just pick a program and open the spigot. Too bad for everyone else - you won't even have a chance to get average players. Have the new billionaire owner toss some petty cash like $100,000 and a paid college education to every kid with no chance at the NFL in exchange for not playing at all, there'll be zero major college quality players left to get.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Agree, it would be different if they could play a good bowl game against a decent team to prove themselves. I just don't see how the AP could award them anything, the Big 10 has been noted as a weak conference this year. They need a quality win over a team outside of there.
I agree. Maybe Michigan will knock them off and put an end to the small possiblilty of that happening.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Typical. It's different until it's your team.
The effect's can vary, but I believe the probation might have helped Ohio State have an undefeated season. Similar to Auburn with Bowden, the players are trying to impress their new coach while playing under less pressure in the big games. The AP has them ranked #4 for a reason.

I doubt Urban has another undefeated season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The Michigan head coach suspended his players against us. Ohio State is complaining about the situation they chose.

Maybe if they're distracted by the assumption they'll be undefeated - maybe they'll lose.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
“The Ohio State University football team is one win away from an undefeated season. However, due to imposed sanctions, they are not allowed to participate in their conference’s championship game or the following bowl season. While a punishment for past indiscretions is to be expected, a bowl season ban is too harsh for a few young men trading memorabilia for tattoos and some change. The offending players and coach who covered it up are no longer part of the program. Please exercise your executive power to pardon the NCAA’s excessive sanctions placed on The Ohio State Buckeyes to enable a rightful, satisfying culmination to the college football season for the American people.”

I'm reminded of Otter's speech in Animal House where he refused to let the Omegas denigrate the American way of life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.