News Article: Ohio State faithful petition president

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
SIAP....didn't see it on the front page

please let's keep this thread on topic and off politics (the Buckeyes)

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...ardon-tattoogate-play-bcs-championship-111912

“The Ohio State University football team is one win away from an undefeated season. However, due to imposed sanctions, they are not allowed to participate in their conference’s championship game or the following bowl season. While a punishment for past indiscretions is to be expected, a bowl season ban is too harsh for a few young men trading memorabilia for tattoos and some change. The offending players and coach who covered it up are no longer part of the program. Please exercise your executive power to pardon the NCAA’s excessive sanctions placed on The Ohio State Buckeyes to enable a rightful, satisfying culmination to the college football season for the American people.”
The petition has since been removed by whitehouse.gov for violating their terms of participation.

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
They might have avoided this fate if they had taken the voluntary postseason ban last season rather than playing in the Gator Bowl last season.

I don't feel bad for them at all.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Using the line of reasoning here, shouldn't Alabama be the 2002 SEC West champions and get a BCS bowl?

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Okay guys, I know a lot of you are going to look at this and laugh "funny or not" but getting on with it. I actually agree with the statement. For one I don't get the big deal about selling some stuff or the tats for that matter either.

IF NFL PLAYERS CAN DO IT NCAA PLAYERS SHOULD BE ALOUD TO:mad:

To be even more "funny" I think most if not all NCAA sactions are very questionable including the ones that were placed on Bama a decade or so ago. I honestly think Coaches should be able to recruit how they want to with out rules. I think palyers should be able to do what the want with boosters such as taking cash, fishing trips, letting the coach give your dad $100,000 and then your dad sayss he knows nothing about it.

Like I said I know a lot of people who read this are going to be like "your crazy" but its my true thought.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Okay guys, I know a lot of you are going to look at this and laugh "funny or not" but getting on with it. I actually agree with the statement. For one I don't get the big deal about selling some stuff or the tats for that matter either.

To be even more "funny" I think most if not all NCAA sactions are very questionable including the ones that were placed on Bama a decade or so ago. I honestly think Coaches should be able to recruit how they want to with out rules. I think palyers should be able to do what the want with boosters such as taking cash, fishing trips, letting the coach give your dad $100,000 and then your dad sayss he knows nothing about it.

Like I said I know a lot of people who read this are going to be like "your crazy" but its my true thought.
Dude, you're crazy. Way crazy. :biggrin:

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
I hate it for Ohio State fans, but that's the way it goes...
If Notre Dame loses then they're the last man standing, and no one will know if they were the real deal or not.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

You're CRAZY. What about the recruits rights to not be abused by recruiters especially during the time they are taking tests trying to graduate, OH WAIT! You prolly think they shouldn't be made to study to graduate. The school with the most money wins the NC every year because they can afford the best players. Well, so much for parity.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
OK, they play in the BIG? - Strike 1.
They cheated - Strike 2.
Urban Meyer is their coach - Strike 3.

Heck, I 'll give them a 4th strike.... They are OSU.

They should be thankful for the bowl ban. It prevents them from getting smoked again by another SEC school.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think I'd like to watch it burn ... :)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
pyro, with all due respect to your true thoughts, this is college football and the NCAA laws governing participation are there for a reason, right or wrong.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
pyro, with all due respect to your true thoughts, this is college football and the NCAA laws governing participation are there for a reason, right or wrong.
And those laws are set up with participation from the Universities themselves........your players got their scholarship and didn't have to wait in line at the bookstore, just play football and shut up! Education paid for and be thankful you're not pumping gas somewhere!

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Sure, I hate it for the OSU fans. I hate it for the PSU fans, too. Still, law without enforcement is vain. Enforcement without repercussions is also vain. We all suffered through repercussions for a signature on a napkin that was none of ours, and unfortunately the other fans sometimes get to take a dose of the same bitter medicine. Yes, it's rough. Man up, Buckeyes.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ohio State could have sat those players but they wanted to win against an SEC team so badly they decided to pretty much give up the next season. Then they did well enough to get a Gator Bowl bid they could have refused. Ohio State is the kid who the parents gave the option of restriction, no TV, or a spanking, made their choice - and has now gone outside the family to say they shouldn't get punished because what they did was not a big deal.

If it wasn't a big deal then why didn't they just sit out the players in the Sugar Bowl?

Let me point something out - the mentality at Ohio State right now is no different than the one that brought down Penn State. Obviously I'm not comparing tattoos to rape but the entire football first mentality - to an extreme - will do them in as well.

Btw - Terry Bowden tried a more restrained version of the same argument when Auburn won 19 in a row in the mid-90s. But he at least was reflective, admitting that maybe cheating was the reason the Barn was unbeaten.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.