Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did our d line let us down against tamu?

Over the years Saban has recruited, he's never had a dominant defensive end at least imo. Do you think our lack of pass rush was the reason we lost? We lost all containment against manziel. I think it was obvious the de's were getting very frustrated and just wanted to lay the wood on johnny instead of wrap up. Going into the game I always thought our lack of a four person pass rush would eventually get to us. Hopefully we get Nkemdiche this class. I think he'd start immediately or at least get major PT. Thank God Aaron Murray isn't a mobile qb and hopefully we learn not to blitz on max protect like we did at LSU.

Thoughts?

Alabama Crimson Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Re: Did our d line let us down against tamu?

Thoughts?
    Yeah, plenty.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

The DEs are more like DTs. They are not meant to be dominate pass rushers, but are meant to be run stoppers.

Alabama plays a 3-4

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

I think the entire team came out flat as a pancake and by the time we woke up it was just a bit too late. There's no way we could have been as pumped as we needed to be after the game with LSU. Regardless of the "process" philosophy these young men aren't robots and they're occasionally going to have a let down. That, to me, is what happened against A@M. But that one's done and it's time to win two games and play for the national title!!
    sip

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    Alabama plays a 3-4
    One point: Murray may not be Manziel, but he is very mobile. He's also prone to fumble when he scrambles so it appears the coaches have persuaded him to stay in the pocket more often.

Otherwise, it's not just the line. Not it, nor the linebackers, nor the defensive backs are as good as they were a year ago. That exposes the weaknesses in all of them.

Did our d line let us down against tamu?

Are we still talking about this?
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Mack, it's this or oatmeal.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    S'what I say. Move on and quit player bashing. I think posts like this should be removed before they get started.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Second Team
    central illinois, the place where football goes to die

agree

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Why don't you guys make a list of all subjects that there should be no threads for?
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Idk how people forget dareus or consider him not to be elite. In 09 he had several crucial sacks. 2010 he was hobbled at times but had games where he was totally dominant.

Also Upshaw was no slouch either. I believe he was a finalist for the Butkus his senior year.

Granted neither are on this years team but to say we haven't had dominant rushers is just wrong IMO.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You can't win them all. I wouldn't worry over it.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS