Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Re: Did our d line let us down against tamu?

TAM was about 2 things and 2 things alone. Bama's weakness in the defensive backfield and Bama coming out flat combined with a red-hot TAM team. Alabama is without a doubt a better team than the Aggies. Give them credit, they did what was necessary to win which is all that matters. However the reasons were emotional more than anything else.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again. Coach Saban's greatest weakness, really the only one I've detected is an inability to get teams emotionally prepared. What he and the staff have instituted in personal dev. terms is going to pay dividends in these players lives for decades, but there still remains stretches and games where Bama just isn't where they need to be emotionally considering the target they have on them every time out.
    Friends don't let friends drink Bud Miller or Coors!
    Good people drink good bier!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did our d line let us down against tamu?

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Why don't you guys make a list of all subjects that there should be no threads for?
    How about we don't.

But how about everyone just use threads already created and not open new ones to rehash duplicate topics that have already been discussed ad nauseum
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

The defense did plenty enough to win that game.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Hubbard is developing nicely I expect him to be a force next year. Remember I said this.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Hubbard is developing nicely I expect him to be a force next year. Remember I said this.
    Holding you to it ;-)

We lost this game in the first quarter -- though our offense was there and should have won it. We just never do well when we give up that many points in the first quarter. Difference between this game and the Sugar Bowl debacle with Utah is that our defense actually re-focused.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

I think the O line should get some of the blame. In the 1st quarter we had three 3 & outs. The D never had time to recover.

BamaNation Second Team smohabbat's Avatar

Hubbard and Upshaw are both olb but dareus was a good pass rusher. I wouldn't call him elite he was a dt too.

Alabama Crimson Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Holding you to it ;-)

We lost this game in the first quarter -- though our offense was there and should have won it. We just never do well when we give up that many points in the first quarter. Difference between this game and the Sugar Bowl debacle with Utah is that our defense actually re-focused.
    Yeah I guess when you lose as infrequently as the TIDE, the rare loss seems to hang around a bit longer than most other teams such as API or Tennessee for example. But why don't we move on as there are more games to be won.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    S'what I say. Move on and quit player bashing. I think posts like this should be removed before they get started.

I really didn't see any player bashing here, just some questions in general about a football game. I don't think anything out of line was said.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It was a total team effort in the wins and a total team letdown in the loss.

Fingers could be pointed all over the place by the fans but we can just hope that they get better...

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    It was a total team effort in the wins and a total team letdown in the loss.

Fingers could be pointed all over the place by the fans but we can just hope that they get better...
    Well said....
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation All-American

I'm not going to make a list of things I don't want to talk about but I'm sure there was not a player on defense that was not playing his heart out. Sometimes when you are playing a schedule and you win repeatedly it gets hard to get up for games when the fans as well as the media and other coaches from the SEC talk about how great you are, you start believing them after a while and it sets you up for a big let down. I believe Coach Spurrier intentionally made the comment about Bama being able to beat some NFL teams just to set us up for a big let down.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did our d line let us down against tamu?

We were flat the whole game. It was just the D line! It was a team effort. It was clear from the jump.
    ROLL TIDE!