Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Predict Auburn's initial offensive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before IB

What will be the initial Auburn offensive strategy? They have a decent RB and a trueFrosh quarterback with 2 games under the belt. Questionable arm and instincts under pressure.

My Take:

Auburn may pass initially, but their goal will be to establish Tre Mason. Without this, there is zero chance the passing game will amount to anything. So the first possession will be 3 and out; a pass, followed by a run and then draw play.

Ranking the 2008-2012 at this point in the season.

My thoughts:
    1 -2011 (LSU game was too big for a college campus, would have won at a neutral site 9 out of 10, best Bama team since the 70's.)
    2 -2009 (The confidence in GMAC was at all time high before the Iron Bowl, you just knew he would prevail on the last drive, best RB duo ever)
    3 -2012 (Lacking seasoned defensive superstars, many are developing, awesome O-Line, developing d backfield)
    4 -2008 (The most exciting season leading up to the Iron Bowl in Saban era imo(The Rise!), We have never looked back from the Clemson game.
    5 -2010 (O-Line and the now deemed illegal schedule helped create a down turn, but most realized it was the breaks more than a step backwards.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

I agree au will try to run the stretch play and will likely try to out flank our defense. I also expect a no huddle maybe hurry up offense. As for passing I expect them to use Blake to try and exploit the middle of the field.

"My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I agree au will try to run the stretch play and will likely try to out flank our defense. I also expect a no huddle maybe hurry up offense. As for passing I expect them to use Blake to try and exploit the middle of the field.
    I had forgotten about the no huddle, which goes along with my question. They will most likely have the first series down pat in practice and attempt to catch us off guard. It will be interesting to see how we react..........less substitutions considering the predicted weakness of the offense?

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

They'll consider three and out a positive.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron Bowl

Chop block our OL and DL. that's all the barn's good for.

Watch for it.

Maybe some others will chime in.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Until this season is completed I won't rank one through five. I'll just say that as of this date, in my opinion, 2009 was Saban's best team at Bama so far. It's hard to argue with undefeated, plus position by position that team was just as strong or stronger than 2011 or 2012 with the exception of offensive line and wide receiver(overall).

Plus I tend to agree with Coach Bryant who simply said once, "Great teams don't lose".

As far as Auburn's initial offensive strategy look for every trick play and end around they can possibly come up with and be ASSURED they will run the same play we scored on last year where they hand off, the running back pitches the ball back to the QB who then throws deep.

sip

BamaNation First Team graydogg85's Avatar

I think they'll attempt to replicate Texas A&M's offensive game plan. High-tempo no-huddle with lots of drop-and-fire short passes to the flats. Probably a few gadget plays as well, and some option sprinkled in with Wallace in the fold. Only cursory attention given to the downhill running game.

This is completely out of character for what they've attempted to do this season, but what do they have to lose at this point? Their personnel is much better suited for this sort of attack, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg85 View Post
    I think they'll attempt to replicate Texas A&M's offensive game plan. High-tempo no-huddle with lots of drop-and-fire short passes to the flats. Probably a few gadget plays as well, and some option sprinkled in with Wallace in the fold. Only cursory attention given to the downhill running game.

This is completely out of character for what they've attempted to do this season, but what do they have to lose at this point? Their personnel is much better suited for this sort of attack, anyway.
    In other words they will bet the house. Logic says get a running game going since the young QB can't be effective without it. But they could very well try to razzle dazzle us. Sad thing is that aTm had a solid team to go with their game plan. I can't see Auburn keeping a play alive long enough for the receivers to freelance and have Wallace amazingly zip in to a receiver 15 yards down field.

This could get really ugly if Auburn doesn't try to at initially man in up and play regular football.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

They may also try to run the QB a lot and only throw short routes to keep the clock running to shorten the game and keep the score manageable.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    They may also try to run the QB a lot and only throw short routes to keep the clock running to shorten the game and keep the score manageable.

So they'll be playing to lose with dignity or something. What a game plan.

There's nothing for them to lose, so I predict they'll come out throwing all over the place, using no-huddle spread formations.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see flea-flickers, or half-back passes back to the QB, or double-reverse pass plays.
    One of them may work.
    They're not without talent.
    They're without heart.

1) 2009
    2) 2011
    3) 2012
    4) 2008
    5) 2010

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think they will look like keystone cops running all over the place may even have a guard throw a pass, I'm kidding but expect the kitchen sink. If we get the ball first I would expect an onside kick.

None of this is gonna work you know.