Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    So they'll be playing to lose with dignity or something. What a game plan.
    Exactly and maybe get some cheap points to get the " moral V".
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

2. Advertisement

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Exactly and maybe get some cheap points to get the " moral V".
    Makes me think they are paranoid about an empty stadium by middle 3rd quarter. You are on target. That would be unprecedented for this series and really strike home the reality they are in. Perception is critical for them.

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offensive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before IB

What will be the initial Auburn offensive strategy? They have a decent RB and a trueFrosh quarterback with 2 games under the belt. Questionable arm and instincts under pressure.

My Take:

Auburn may pass initially, but their goal will be to establish Tre Mason. Without this, there is zero chance the passing game will amount to anything. So the first possession will be 3 and out; a pass, followed by a run and then draw play.

Ranking the 2008-2012 at this point in the season.

My thoughts:
    1 -2011 (LSU game was too big for a college campus, would have won at a neutral site 9 out of 10, best Bama team since the 70's.)
    2 -2009 (The confidence in GMAC was at all time high before the Iron Bowl, you just knew he would prevail on the last drive, best RB duo ever)
    3 -2012 (Lacking seasoned defensive superstars, many are developing, awesome O-Line, developing d backfield)
    4 -2008 (The most exciting season leading up to the Iron Bowl in Saban era imo(The Rise!), We have never looked back from the Clemson game.
    5 -2010 (O-Line and the now deemed illegal schedule helped create a down turn, but most realized it was the breaks more than a step backwards.
    My thoughts:
    1. 2011
    2. 2009
    3. 2012
    4. 2010 (We should have done to everyone what we did to Michigan State! Seems like we lost it after the South Carolina game, but think this was a better team than 2008.)
    5. 2008 (I can't get Utah out of my mind. Our OL was decimated for that game. OL - #71)
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I think they will look like keystone cops running all over the place may even have a guard throw a pass, I'm kidding but expect the kitchen sink. If we get the ball first I would expect an onside kick.

None of this is gonna work you know.
    Isn't that Chollie Weiss' shtick, Tom?

And we all know how that turned out for him...

BamaNation First Team

Makes me think they are paranoid about an empty stadium by middle 3rd quarter. You are on target. That would be unprecedented for this series and really strike home the reality they are in. Perception is critical for them.
    Are you kidding? We arent leaving that stadium no matter how high the score gets And how many barn fans do you think are going??

Re: hurryup offense- I can see them doing that the first series but how in the heck could they install that so quickly with a freshman QB and all? I pray they try something that risky.

I think 2010 may have had the most individual talent. 2011 the best defense. But undefeated is undefeated 2009.
    I'm a lead farmer

I predict their QB will be adding the color yellow to their uniforms.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2008 was, without a doubt, the least talented "contributing roster" after that throwaway year one season (2007). It really got exposed when we faced more coherent teams in the last two games. Alabama just had the right mix of guys who bought in and some luck with catching some downward turning programs on the schedule. I think over half the coaches we played got fired before the end of 2008. Still, it was a huge factor in legitimatizing what Saban could build here. If anyone doubted that Alabama couldn't be fixed even with Saban (which was some of the talk especially after the collapse in 2007), it was probably quieted in that season.

With that said, my list:

1. 2011
    2. 2009
    3. 2010
    4. 2012
    5. 2008

I think the 2010 team was a bit better than this year's team but it only matters if Alabama is better than any team in 2012. In fact, I think injuries probably affected the 2010 even more than this year's depth chart. We have a lot of complementary players get dinged up this year. It felt like all the major contributors had a dinged up knee, arm, foot, or something at some point in 2010. Upshaw and Dareus really didn't get it together until late in the season. Ingram was hurt early and probably not 100% during the regular season. Richardson progressively got more hurt throughout the season. Barrett Jones missed some time too. Barron's injury probably helped stem the Cam Newton comeback.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Predict Auburn's initial offensive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before IB

Another thing people underrate about the 2009 team is that we navigated a tough schedule and beat Florida then Texas when we were missing Square who was going to be a factor with Dareus as a situational pass rusher and Hightower who was arguably our best defensive talent. So, I kind of consider that when you look at how well that team overcame adversity...

BamaNation Second Team

Really its hard to say after last year. They really had nothing and knew it. If you recall Gus' pregame comments and Cheez's halftime interview, they had no concept of what would work offensively. The bassically tried to shorten the game and get out of dodge.

This year it's hard to imagine that they won't throw caution to the wind and take chances. Why not? All is lost already and the staff is likely gone. I hate to say this but it is the barn, I hope there are no cheap shots at our players. Time for Bama to just take care of business and move on.