Predict Auburn's initial offensive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before IB

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

2008 was, without a doubt, the least talented "contributing roster" after that throwaway year one season (2007). It really got exposed when we faced more coherent teams in the last two games. Alabama just had the right mix of guys who bought in and some luck with catching some downward turning programs on the schedule. I think over half the coaches we played got fired before the end of 2008. Still, it was a huge factor in legitimatizing what Saban could build here. If anyone doubted that Alabama couldn't be fixed even with Saban (which was some of the talk especially after the collapse in 2007), it was probably quieted in that season.

With that said, my list:

1. 2011
2. 2009
3. 2010
4. 2012
5. 2008

I think the 2010 team was a bit better than this year's team but it only matters if Alabama is better than any team in 2012. In fact, I think injuries probably affected the 2010 even more than this year's depth chart. We have a lot of complementary players get dinged up this year. It felt like all the major contributors had a dinged up knee, arm, foot, or something at some point in 2010. Upshaw and Dareus really didn't get it together until late in the season. Ingram was hurt early and probably not 100% during the regular season. Richardson progressively got more hurt throughout the season. Barrett Jones missed some time too. Barron's injury probably helped stem the Cam Newton comeback.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Another thing people underrate about the 2009 team is that we navigated a tough schedule and beat Florida then Texas when we were missing Square who was going to be a factor with Dareus as a situational pass rusher and Hightower who was arguably our best defensive talent. So, I kind of consider that when you look at how well that team overcame adversity...

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
Really its hard to say after last year. They really had nothing and knew it. If you recall Gus' pregame comments and Cheez's halftime interview, they had no concept of what would work offensively. The bassically tried to shorten the game and get out of dodge.

This year it's hard to imagine that they won't throw caution to the wind and take chances. Why not? All is lost already and the staff is likely gone. I hate to say this but it is the barn, I hope there are no cheap shots at our players. Time for Bama to just take care of business and move on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.