Predict Auburn's initial offensive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before IB

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
What will be the initial Auburn offensive strategy? They have a decent RB and a trueFrosh quarterback with 2 games under the belt. Questionable arm and instincts under pressure.

My Take:

Auburn may pass initially, but their goal will be to establish Tre Mason. Without this, there is zero chance the passing game will amount to anything. So the first possession will be 3 and out; a pass, followed by a run and then draw play.

Ranking the 2008-2012 at this point in the season.

My thoughts:
1 -2011 (LSU game was too big for a college campus, would have won at a neutral site 9 out of 10, best Bama team since the 70's.)
2 -2009 (The confidence in GMAC was at all time high before the Iron Bowl, you just knew he would prevail on the last drive, best RB duo ever)
3 -2012 (Lacking seasoned defensive superstars, many are developing, awesome O-Line, developing d backfield)
4 -2008 (The most exciting season leading up to the Iron Bowl in Saban era imo(The Rise!), We have never looked back from the Clemson game.
5 -2010 (O-Line and the now deemed illegal schedule helped create a down turn, but most realized it was the breaks more than a step backwards.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

I agree au will try to run the stretch play and will likely try to out flank our defense. I also expect a no huddle maybe hurry up offense. As for passing I expect them to use Blake to try and exploit the middle of the field.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Predict Auburn's initial offesive strategy and Rank Bama teams 08-12 before Iron

I agree au will try to run the stretch play and will likely try to out flank our defense. I also expect a no huddle maybe hurry up offense. As for passing I expect them to use Blake to try and exploit the middle of the field.
I had forgotten about the no huddle, which goes along with my question. They will most likely have the first series down pat in practice and attempt to catch us off guard. It will be interesting to see how we react..........less substitutions considering the predicted weakness of the offense?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

They'll consider three and out a positive.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Maybe some others will chime in.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Until this season is completed I won't rank one through five. I'll just say that as of this date, in my opinion, 2009 was Saban's best team at Bama so far. It's hard to argue with undefeated, plus position by position that team was just as strong or stronger than 2011 or 2012 with the exception of offensive line and wide receiver(overall).

Plus I tend to agree with Coach Bryant who simply said once, "Great teams don't lose".

As far as Auburn's initial offensive strategy look for every trick play and end around they can possibly come up with and be ASSURED they will run the same play we scored on last year where they hand off, the running back pitches the ball back to the QB who then throws deep.

sip

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I think they'll attempt to replicate Texas A&M's offensive game plan. High-tempo no-huddle with lots of drop-and-fire short passes to the flats. Probably a few gadget plays as well, and some option sprinkled in with Wallace in the fold. Only cursory attention given to the downhill running game.

This is completely out of character for what they've attempted to do this season, but what do they have to lose at this point? Their personnel is much better suited for this sort of attack, anyway.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I think they'll attempt to replicate Texas A&M's offensive game plan. High-tempo no-huddle with lots of drop-and-fire short passes to the flats. Probably a few gadget plays as well, and some option sprinkled in with Wallace in the fold. Only cursory attention given to the downhill running game.

This is completely out of character for what they've attempted to do this season, but what do they have to lose at this point? Their personnel is much better suited for this sort of attack, anyway.
In other words they will bet the house. Logic says get a running game going since the young QB can't be effective without it. But they could very well try to razzle dazzle us. Sad thing is that aTm had a solid team to go with their game plan. I can't see Auburn keeping a play alive long enough for the receivers to freelance and have Wallace amazingly zip in to a receiver 15 yards down field.

This could get really ugly if Auburn doesn't try to at initially man in up and play regular football.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

They may also try to run the QB a lot and only throw short routes to keep the clock running to shorten the game and keep the score manageable.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

They may also try to run the QB a lot and only throw short routes to keep the clock running to shorten the game and keep the score manageable.

So they'll be playing to lose with dignity or something:cool:. What a game plan.:BigA:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

There's nothing for them to lose, so I predict they'll come out throwing all over the place, using no-huddle spread formations.
I wouldn't be surprised to see flea-flickers, or half-back passes back to the QB, or double-reverse pass plays.
One of them may work.
They're not without talent.
They're without heart.

1) 2009
2) 2011
3) 2012
4) 2008
5) 2010

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I think they will look like keystone cops running all over the place may even have a guard throw a pass, I'm kidding but expect the kitchen sink. If we get the ball first I would expect an onside kick.

None of this is gonna work you know.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Exactly and maybe get some cheap points to get the " moral V".
Makes me think they are paranoid about an empty stadium by middle 3rd quarter. You are on target. That would be unprecedented for this series and really strike home the reality they are in. Perception is critical for them.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
What will be the initial Auburn offensive strategy? They have a decent RB and a trueFrosh quarterback with 2 games under the belt. Questionable arm and instincts under pressure.

My Take:

Auburn may pass initially, but their goal will be to establish Tre Mason. Without this, there is zero chance the passing game will amount to anything. So the first possession will be 3 and out; a pass, followed by a run and then draw play.

Ranking the 2008-2012 at this point in the season.

My thoughts:
1 -2011 (LSU game was too big for a college campus, would have won at a neutral site 9 out of 10, best Bama team since the 70's.)
2 -2009 (The confidence in GMAC was at all time high before the Iron Bowl, you just knew he would prevail on the last drive, best RB duo ever)
3 -2012 (Lacking seasoned defensive superstars, many are developing, awesome O-Line, developing d backfield)
4 -2008 (The most exciting season leading up to the Iron Bowl in Saban era imo(The Rise!), We have never looked back from the Clemson game.
5 -2010 (O-Line and the now deemed illegal schedule helped create a down turn, but most realized it was the breaks more than a step backwards.
My thoughts:
1. 2011
2. 2009
3. 2012
4. 2010 (We should have done to everyone what we did to Michigan State! Seems like we lost it after the South Carolina game, but think this was a better team than 2008.)
5. 2008 (I can't get Utah out of my mind. Our OL was decimated for that game. OL - #71)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I think they will look like keystone cops running all over the place may even have a guard throw a pass, I'm kidding but expect the kitchen sink. If we get the ball first I would expect an onside kick.

None of this is gonna work you know.
Isn't that Chollie Weiss' shtick, Tom?

And we all know how that turned out for him...

:smile:

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

Makes me think they are paranoid about an empty stadium by middle 3rd quarter. You are on target. That would be unprecedented for this series and really strike home the reality they are in. Perception is critical for them.
Are you kidding? We arent leaving that stadium no matter how high the score gets And how many barn fans do you think are going??

Re: hurryup offense- I can see them doing that the first series but how in the heck could they install that so quickly with a freshman QB and all? I pray they try something that risky.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

I think 2010 may have had the most individual talent. 2011 the best defense. But undefeated is undefeated 2009.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

I predict their QB will be adding the color yellow to their uniforms.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.