Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

Quote Originally Posted by b2v4ua View Post
    Last I heard today, Trooper and Luper back on the road recruiting again. It baffles me what happens down on the Plains. The first time this came out some weeks back Trooper and Luper were said to have been taken off the recruiting. What gives? Is Aubarn thumbing their collective noses at the NCAA again or is this just more rumor mill taking place?
    An Barn friend of mine said that Trooper and Luper are the only ones from Chizik's staff that they are keeping right now. What is up with that?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

How far-fetched is it that Chizik knew the NCAA was coming for the Barn and wanted to get fired?
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think he got fired due to bad roster management, player development, and a brain-drain amongst his offensive staff that basically kept them competitive in '09 and '11 as far as the wins column goes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    How far-fetched is it that Chizik knew the NCAA was coming for the Barn and wanted to get fired?
    I doubt that was why he failed, but the buyout might be in the ballpark. I kinda picture him walking out to his car in Jordan Hare stadium after getting fired with a sinister smile slowly emerging upon his face, the slouched limp transforming into a brisk gait. A la Kaiser Soze at the end of The Usual Suspects.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

The more I think about it, the stronger the similarity between Chizik and Kaiser Soze. You have the unwitting stooge turning the tables on a bunch of unscrupulous miscreants, leaving them in a wake of chaos and destruction while he walks into the sunset with a cool $10M.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    I think it is very unlikely that he wanted to get fired because NCAA violations could eliminate Chizik's buyout agreement, so if that is the case it seems like Chizik would want to keep his job.

1st post, but I believe troopa is there so awbern can sacrifice him to the ncaa.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad View Post
    1st post, but I believe troopa is there so awbern can sacrifice him to the ncaa.
    Trooper is still there because he knows where the bodies are buried. He will get a nice fat check to keep his mouth shut.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Trooper is there because they've got to maintain communication lines with their recruits, even if the coaching situation is up in the air. Imagine the catastrophe if they just canned everyone at the Barn. I will be shocked if the new head coach keeps Trooper around.

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan23 View Post
    Didn't they self report on the forged transcript? So, if a way, they did call the NCAA themselves....
    As I understand it, Auburn called the Memphis High School about the altered transcript. I have not seen where AU reported the irregularity to the NCAA. If they did, it was AFTER the altered transcript had been submitted by Auburn to the NCAA clearinghouse. How else could the NCAA have known that two different transcripts existed...the one from Auburn and the one from Notre Dame. i'e' the evidence seems to point that whatever Auburn did, they did it AFTER it was obvious that the altered transcript wouldn't fly.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Trooper is there because they've got to maintain banking lines with their recruits, even if the coaching situation is up in the air. Imagine the catastrophe if they just canned everyone at the Barn. I will be shocked if the new head coach keeps Trooper around.
    FIFY
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide7854 View Post
    Chiz will get his money no matter what happens, just like Dye, Bowden, Wayne Hall and Tubs did.
    Wayne Hall gone? Musta' missed that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I would think that Petrino is desperate enough to agree to keeping BVG, Trooper and Luper. And with that said, look for Petrino on the plains sooner than later.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner