Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
"According to multiple sources, NCAA investigators have spent weeks looking into potential improprieties involving Auburn recruits, players, coaches, representatives of the school's athletic interests and third parties."

This doesn't sound like a simple investigation of one recruit's grades. It sounds like they're investigating the whole 'aubrun system'. If only we could wish, and if only they could uncover the scam cover-up in the process...

Oh well, this beats any Thanksgiving dinner I could ever have. A beatdown of the boogs Saturday would be perfect for dessert.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I think we all saw this coming but in my opinion this is not a good thing for the SEC nor Bama. While it has been fun to watch all it does is give the SEC haters more reason to hate and more importantly diminish the rivalry between Bama and AU. Our schedule has been ripped all year by the media for being weak and Ark and Au are a big part of that. I would much rather beat a undefeated Au team than one that can't even win a conference game. Just my opinion...
Would that be the SEC that threw us under the bus a few years ago? I'm a Bama fan first and foremost. I couldn't care less if they ever won another game down on the plains.

One reason there are more SEC haters is because there are more SEC fans. Conference affiliation means little these days.

RTR
SNASS

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It can be dangerous to rely on precedent when trying to predict the fallout of an NCAA investigation, but here goes:

1. The Aubs are in a world of hurt here. The NCAA was embarrassed by the Cam case, and didn't like being made to look like they condoned a father taking bids for his son's services. They are well and truly angry and embarrassed.

2. Remember when they got embarrassed by botching our Stallings / Ingram / Langham / Jones case, and ended up rescinding essentially all our penalties and paying Tom Jones an undisclosed settlement believed by many to be in seven figures? With help from SEC Commissioner Roy Kramer and Phil Fulmer (no stranger himself to playing Brutus), they later trumped up some stuff on Logan Young, Ronnie Cottrell and Memphis, and violated their own punishment guidelines. After letting it drag on for 2+ years, with information conveniently leaking out in the two weeks leading up to signing day.

3. They will make real sure the barn doesn't skate this time, in part to salve their own sore hindquarters dating back to Cam. I don't know what they'll do, but it's gonna hurt.

4. Get ready. It's coming. What does the Barn do when it gets into trouble? It points the finger at big brother. Baits players and makes up stuff if they have to. Before signing day, 2013, some barn booster will allege / fabricate / frame something about our recruiting. Guaranteed.

5. I''m not worried about it. We've recruited so well for so long that I have to believe every coach who hasn't been able to compete has tried to implicate us in something. Through all that, there has not been a whiff of substantiated evidence of wrongdoing. Lots of lies, lots of paranoid allegations about the nefarious CIA-like power of the REC, even some minimally-successful attempts at entrapment. But nothing close to implicating the coaching staff. I'm just saying they'll try to divert attention from their own cesspool, and history says we'll be the target.

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I'm wondering if the only reason Trooper/Luper are still around is because they know where all the bodies are buried. You would think a program would fire and distance itself from any assistant(s) that bring down the hammer.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Auburn has never been able to distance itself from any of its former coaches because they all know where the bodies are buried. You have to pay continually to keep all those folks silent.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Since the NCAA is not going to let-up on the barn, this would be a good time for them to go ahead and spill ALL the beans, including everything on SCAM. Get it all out now and be done with it, and hope the NCAA has a little mercy.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
It can be dangerous to rely on precedent when trying to predict the fallout of an NCAA investigation, but here goes:

1. The Aubs are in a world of hurt here. The NCAA was embarrassed by the Cam case, and didn't like being made to look like they condoned a father taking bids for his son's services. They are well and truly angry and embarrassed.

2. Remember when they got embarrassed by botching our Stallings / Ingram / Langham / Jones case, and ended up rescinding essentially all our penalties and paying Tom Jones an undisclosed settlement believed by many to be in seven figures? With help from SEC Commissioner Roy Kramer and Phil Fulmer (no stranger himself to playing Brutus), they later trumped up some stuff on Logan Young, Ronnie Cottrell and Memphis, and violated their own punishment guidelines. After letting it drag on for 2+ years, with information conveniently leaking out in the two weeks leading up to signing day.

3. They will make real sure the barn doesn't skate this time, in part to salve their own sore hindquarters dating back to Cam. I don't know what they'll do, but it's gonna hurt.

4. Get ready. It's coming. What does the Barn do when it gets into trouble? It points the finger at big brother. Baits players and makes up stuff if they have to. Before signing day, 2013, some barn booster will allege / fabricate / frame something about our recruiting. Guaranteed.

5. I''m not worried about it. We've recruited so well for so long that I have to believe every coach who hasn't been able to compete has tried to implicate us in something. Through all that, there has not been a whiff of substantiated evidence of wrongdoing. Lots of lies, lots of paranoid allegations about the nefarious CIA-like power of the REC, even some minimally-successful attempts at entrapment. But nothing close to implicating the coaching staff. I'm just saying they'll try to divert attention from their own cesspool, and history says we'll be the target.
If anything the idiot Emmert and his worthless NCAA have tried to demonstrate toughness lately - think Penn State and now the USADA/Lance Armstrong method trying to force the Miami athletes to talk. It looks like they'll make an example of the boogs after their cowardice in the scam case IF they can - think sending a message about grade changes/forgery, etc. And maybe now with their newfound courage they'll not be as afraid to take on the aubs lawyers.

Does kjstrata post any more? Would be interested to see what his take on this is what with his 'friend' at the NCAA.

Last edited:

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
Sorry folks, but I can't get into the Auburn hate as much as a lot of y'all. They should get what they deserve and I will get a certain satisfaction in that. But, I have lived in 5 SEC states and 3 states with other conferences and I have never understood the unmitigated hatred that arises from football rivalries and carries over to all aspects of a rival university. I generally pull for Auburn, and yes, most any other SEC team, when they play outside the conference. Auburn's troubles reflect poorly on the State of Alabama and the SEC because fans around the country lump us all in one big basket and hate all SEC teams, and generally SEC states as well. I know many of you enjoy your hatred of Auburn almost as much as you enjoy your love for the Tide, just don't count me among that group.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If this is about the Javon Robinson kid from Memphis, why on earth would they be that stupid to pay the counselor to change his grades?? Especially when they did just skate on Cam Newton. Did they think they were bullet proof? Or have they done it so long they just got sloppy? I agree on the non firing of Trooper and Luper, they had their fingers all over the Cam saga, I am sure they know who the "bag man" is.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
First it's almost 20 years to the Day when Dye called it quits over Ramsey, you all remember that IB?

Second Karma is coming aroun full circle on them.

Third Yahoo did a very poor job on the Scam story, time to Do your jib this time, just the truth that's all.

Finally I don't give a tinkers Dang for the SEC, they are no friend of Alabama. Buch of vampires that will turn on you at the slightest crack. When API gets nailed for cheating it has No reflection on Alabama what so ever. They have been doing it since the pilgrims ate the first turkey with the Indians.

Sorry went off there a little bit.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
And boom goes the dynamite.
I won't believe it until I feel the concussion and see the fireball.

Been down this road too many times to even begin to believe that that in-bred, mouth-breathing cult will ever get its just desserts.

It's like cracking the mafia, except Lee County doesn't have Sicily's scenery and food.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.