Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

I still believe that the NCAA purposely made sure nothing came from the Cam saga and Auburn caught a break. I don't believe the NCAA believed it could survive another Heisman and National Championship pull due to a bought player. Or benching him during Auburn's run. The fallout would have been enormous and might have been the event that brought in the paying of players, so I believe they thought.

Auburn is getting a delayed probation on an unrelated matter. They got their national championship and the NCAA side-stepped a bomb with Cam, whom I believe couldn't have stayed in College even if wanted to.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    And boom goes the dynamite.
    I can't think of a better use for this phrase.

You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

"NCAA investigating Auburn's football program"

That's kind of like saying it's romantic in Paris, or it's windy in Chicago, or it's hilly in San Francisco.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

It fell on mostly deaf ears , but we did foreshadow this nearly 3 months ago
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    It fell on mostly deaf ears , but we did foreshadow this nearly 3 months ago
    The rumblings have been there, but it's hard to fault folks for believing that nothing will ever touch AU...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFAN IN NY View Post
    time for an ultra-mega thread
    Please, mods, let this happen. I had withdrawal after the old one went away.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The rumblings have been there, but it's hard to fault folks for believing that nothing will ever touch AU...

My thoughts exactly, seems like they had the luck of the Irish too many times.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team scoretide's Avatar

I can tell you what i know! I work all over this state doing electronic scoreboards & video replay systems. it has to do Robinson in memphis! the story that was revealed to me was that auburn coach's arranged payment to the person in memphis to change some grades to make sure he was eligible to enroll . TENN STUD is a close friend of the person who gave me this info. the name i will not release but they work at FRAYSER HIGH. And rumbleing's has started with this several month's ago when the story first got out. This person told me that i could take it to the bank that the counseler got payed!!!! WE WILL SEE.
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Exactly..Seems they're made of Teflon when it comes to the NCAA..

"According to multiple sources, NCAA investigators have spent weeks looking into potential improprieties involving Auburn recruits, players, coaches, representatives of the school's athletic interests and third parties."

This doesn't sound like a simple investigation of one recruit's grades. It sounds like they're investigating the whole 'aubrun system'. If only we could wish, and if only they could uncover the scam cover-up in the process...

Oh well, this beats any Thanksgiving dinner I could ever have. A beatdown of the boogs Saturday would be perfect for dessert.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMark. View Post
    I think we all saw this coming but in my opinion this is not a good thing for the SEC nor Bama. While it has been fun to watch all it does is give the SEC haters more reason to hate and more importantly diminish the rivalry between Bama and AU. Our schedule has been ripped all year by the media for being weak and Ark and Au are a big part of that. I would much rather beat a undefeated Au team than one that can't even win a conference game. Just my opinion...
    Would that be the SEC that threw us under the bus a few years ago? I'm a Bama fan first and foremost. I couldn't care less if they ever won another game down on the plains.

One reason there are more SEC haters is because there are more SEC fans. Conference affiliation means little these days.

RTR
    SNASS
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American

It can be dangerous to rely on precedent when trying to predict the fallout of an NCAA investigation, but here goes:

1. The Aubs are in a world of hurt here. The NCAA was embarrassed by the Cam case, and didn't like being made to look like they condoned a father taking bids for his son's services. They are well and truly angry and embarrassed.

2. Remember when they got embarrassed by botching our Stallings / Ingram / Langham / Jones case, and ended up rescinding essentially all our penalties and paying Tom Jones an undisclosed settlement believed by many to be in seven figures? With help from SEC Commissioner Roy Kramer and Phil Fulmer (no stranger himself to playing Brutus), they later trumped up some stuff on Logan Young, Ronnie Cottrell and Memphis, and violated their own punishment guidelines. After letting it drag on for 2+ years, with information conveniently leaking out in the two weeks leading up to signing day.

3. They will make real sure the barn doesn't skate this time, in part to salve their own sore hindquarters dating back to Cam. I don't know what they'll do, but it's gonna hurt.

4. Get ready. It's coming. What does the Barn do when it gets into trouble? It points the finger at big brother. Baits players and makes up stuff if they have to. Before signing day, 2013, some barn booster will allege / fabricate / frame something about our recruiting. Guaranteed.

5. I''m not worried about it. We've recruited so well for so long that I have to believe every coach who hasn't been able to compete has tried to implicate us in something. Through all that, there has not been a whiff of substantiated evidence of wrongdoing. Lots of lies, lots of paranoid allegations about the nefarious CIA-like power of the REC, even some minimally-successful attempts at entrapment. But nothing close to implicating the coaching staff. I'm just saying they'll try to divert attention from their own cesspool, and history says we'll be the target.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; November 21st, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm wondering if the only reason Trooper/Luper are still around is because they know where all the bodies are buried. You would think a program would fire and distance itself from any assistant(s) that bring down the hammer.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson