Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
If this is about the Javon Robinson kid from Memphis, why on earth would they be that stupid to pay the counselor to change his grades?? Especially when they did just skate on Cam Newton. Did they think they were bullet proof? Or have they done it so long they just got sloppy? I agree on the non firing of Trooper and Luper, they had their fingers all over the Cam saga, I am sure they know who the "bag man" is.
Unless something different is proven, I will go to my grave thinking Trooper IS the bag man.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I've always heard that Stumpy Bowden has enough dirt to bury the whole program, but there is a silence clause in a contract somewhere that prohibits him from spilling his guts.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I won't believe it until I feel the concussion and see the fireball.

Been down this road too many times to even begin to believe that that in-bred, mouth-breathing cult will ever get its just desserts.

It's like cracking the mafia, except Lee County doesn't have Sicily's scenery and food.
I agree with ya. I bet they are already lawyering up as we speak. After they suspended Cam for less than 24 hours, then reinstated him and pulled off the impossible by skating through all of it, I won't believe anything will happen until it happens. They wear teflon coats down there.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Sorry folks, but I can't get into the Auburn hate as much as a lot of y'all. They should get what they deserve and I will get a certain satisfaction in that. But, I have lived in 5 SEC states and 3 states with other conferences and I have never understood the unmitigated hatred that arises from football rivalries and carries over to all aspects of a rival university. I generally pull for Auburn, and yes, most any other SEC team, when they play outside the conference. Auburn's troubles reflect poorly on the State of Alabama and the SEC because fans around the country lump us all in one big basket and hate all SEC teams, and generally SEC states as well. I know many of you enjoy your hatred of Auburn almost as much as you enjoy your love for the Tide, just don't count me among that group.
By all means, consider yourself counted out...:)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm wondering if the only reason Trooper/Luper are still around is because they know where all the bodies are buried. You would think a program would fire and distance itself from any assistant(s) that bring down the hammer.
I think that is evidenced by the fact that all the barn did was "pull them off the recruiting trail"...no intentions of cutting them loose.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As DD mentioned on page 1, this helps Auburn in paying the buyout. Any other reason that an article describing the internet rumors from three months ago be released the week before Chizik's firing?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
What wants to play a little game of What if?

Suppose the NCAA goes to a certain towel waiving coach and tells him that they have the goods on him and Loopy. Just suppose the NCAA tells him they will not do a show cause order on his future employment, but only if he tells them how the system at Auburn works to the very last detail. Just suppose the towel waiving coach looks out for number one and spills the entire sad saga to the NCAA. I can easily see this scenario happening or it could just as easily be loopy that turns on the boogs or both.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I think that is evidenced by the fact that all the barn did was "pull them off the recruiting trail"...no intentions of cutting them loose.
It takes awhile to work out those kinds of contracts, plus they can't let them go till they fire chiz and his whole staff. Letting them go sooner would just show they are in real trouble as opposed to cleaning house of chiz and his staff's "on the field" results.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Phillip Marshall comment
"There is really nothing new here at all. The NCAA has definitely been asking questions and that's no secret. I do not believe Auburn has received any kind of official letter."
Is Phillip Marshall related to the late Benny Marshall? I used to read Benny Marshall's sports column many moons ago. If related, the apple fell a long away from the tree, like on a different continent.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Yep, I imagine Benny has spent a LOT of time apologizing to Coach Bryant for his whelp. Probably like Buford T. Justice claiming there was NO WAY he came from his loins.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I hope you're joking. It's not our fault Auburn can't win without cheating. Nevermind the fact they've cheated like crazy for the longest and still been horrible this year. Alabama has cleaned up the program since Saban was hired. Auburn has done the exact opposite ever since Tuberville left. If Auburn gets busted and hammered by the NCAA for breaking the rules that's their issue. When Bama got hit 10 years ago, no one cared about us. In fact they loved it and celebrated even more when we lost. The only thing that will happen is that Auburn will move farther down the pecking order in the SEC.
Not too sure how that can happen given that they are winless in the SEC going into the game with us...

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
In 2010 we did a a new scoreboard at UNA . i spoke with him and he said with a laugh. i can tell you things that would make Auburn people want to hang me , and make bama fans love me. That is his own words !!!
I've always heard that Stumpy Bowden has enough dirt to bury the whole program, but there is a silence clause in a contract somewhere that prohibits him from spilling his guts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.