Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

We'll see how it goes... What more can you ask...
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement

Re: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    Phillip Marshall comment
    "There is really nothing new here at all. The NCAA has definitely been asking questions and that's no secret. I do not believe Auburn has received any kind of official letter."
    Is Phillip Marshall related to the late Benny Marshall? I used to read Benny Marshall's sports column many moons ago. If related, the apple fell a long away from the tree, like on a different continent.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Yep, I imagine Benny has spent a LOT of time apologizing to Coach Bryant for his whelp. Probably like Buford T. Justice claiming there was NO WAY he came from his loins.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American lynyrd skynyrd's Avatar
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Maybe they should self impose a bowl ban. Oh, I forgot, they ain't bowl eligible...BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    "Footballs only brutal when one sides hittin' and the other'n ain't". Clem Gryska UA asst. coach, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    I hope you're joking. It's not our fault Auburn can't win without cheating. Nevermind the fact they've cheated like crazy for the longest and still been horrible this year. Alabama has cleaned up the program since Saban was hired. Auburn has done the exact opposite ever since Tuberville left. If Auburn gets busted and hammered by the NCAA for breaking the rules that's their issue. When Bama got hit 10 years ago, no one cared about us. In fact they loved it and celebrated even more when we lost. The only thing that will happen is that Auburn will move farther down the pecking order in the SEC.
    Not too sure how that can happen given that they are winless in the SEC going into the game with us...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Scarbiniski chimes in about Chizik's buyout..CLICK ME

NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Does kjstrata post any more? Would be interested to see what his take on this is what with his 'friend' at the NCAA.
    Please. No.

BamaNation Second Team scoretide's Avatar

In 2010 we did a a new scoreboard at UNA . i spoke with him and he said with a laugh. i can tell you things that would make Auburn people want to hang me , and make bama fans love me. That is his own words !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    I've always heard that Stumpy Bowden has enough dirt to bury the whole program, but there is a silence clause in a contract somewhere that prohibits him from spilling his guts.
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood

Here's an ESPN that goes into details of grade changing of recruits..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Free Sta View Post
    Sorry folks, but I can't get into the Auburn hate as much as a lot of y'all. They should get what they deserve and I will get a certain satisfaction in that. But, I have lived in 5 SEC states and 3 states with other conferences and I have never understood the unmitigated hatred that arises from football rivalries and carries over to all aspects of a rival university. I generally pull for Auburn, and yes, most any other SEC team, when they play outside the conference. Auburn's troubles reflect poorly on the State of Georgia and the SEC because fans around the country lump us all in one big basket and hate all SEC teams, and generally SEC states as well. I know many of you enjoy your hatred of Auburn almost as much as you enjoy your love for the Tide, just don't count me among that group.
    FIFY
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    Again, more from Phillip Marshall,

Q: Is the NCAA looking into other matters besides Robinson?
    A: No. Of course, when NCAA investigators are around, there is always concern that they will turn over a rock and find something other than what they are looking for.
    This little bit seems to have changed since earlier this afternoon. Obviously as some have already noted, it doesnt make sense for the NCAA to be on campus talking to coaches and players if this was only a Javon Robinson issue. To see it stated by Marshall is something else all together.

I changed the wording on whether this involves anything other than Memphis. I was told it does not. At least that's the way I understood it. I have since been told that it could. I don't want to mislead anyone.
    http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42...obe-14220756/1
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood

Could this year get any better?

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Could this year get any better?
    Yes, not losing to TAMU...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus