Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Danny Sheridan tweeted that he called this back a couple of months ago in an after dinner speech he made.

Like him or not, I remember somebody posting a video and he clearly stated that Auburn was being investigated.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I figured we needed this thread back on top. Hopefully something more on this will come out soon.
The information that came out last week could only have been "confirmed" for print at one place-----*U.

If there was ever any doubt that this guy was a mouthpiece for the ptb at *U-----

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/in...insky_gene_chizik_set_the.html#incart_m-rpt-1

We now discover the whole thing is Chizik's fault, just in case you were wondering; not the assistants who recruited the uncontrolables---not the athletics director who hired him----not the hangers on who set up the circus----and certainly no mention of the assistants who were pulled off the road.

"Bottom line: Chizik failed in terms of player discipline and player development. He failed in replacing valuable assistant coaches from Malzahn to defensive line coach Tracy Rocker. He failed to either spot the problems in his program or to adequately address them."

Tater-tot part deaux? Different AD----different staff ----same old discention and same bunch behind the scenes.

You know Id like to know why this is taking so long just to get an official confirmation and announcement from the ncaa. Seriously how many times ido we have to watch these things mentioned to then disapear? When is this supposed to break? When a school is getting investigated it brings out an announcement but for some reason the boog eaters never release these things like other places do in similar scenarios. What are the official rules as far as when a school has to tell that they are being investigated? What is the average timeframe for this and what exactly are we supposed to be waiting for? Its as if the same rules dont apply for these people.

Last edited:

deboard

Scout Team
Sep 1, 2009
This investigation will probably kill any interest of high level coaches going to Auburn. This couldn't have happened at a better time.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
Last I heard today, Trooper and Luper back on the road recruiting again. It baffles me what happens down on the Plains. The first time this came out some weeks back Trooper and Luper were said to have been taken off the recruiting. What gives? Is Aubarn thumbing their collective noses at the NCAA again or is this just more rumor mill taking place?

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Last I heard today, Trooper and Luper back on the road recruiting again. It baffles me what happens down on the Plains. The first time this came out some weeks back Trooper and Luper were said to have been taken off the recruiting. What gives? Is Aubarn thumbing their collective noses at the NCAA again or is this just more rumor mill taking place?
An Barn friend of mine said that Trooper and Luper are the only ones from Chizik's staff that they are keeping right now. What is up with that?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he got fired due to bad roster management, player development, and a brain-drain amongst his offensive staff that basically kept them competitive in '09 and '11 as far as the wins column goes.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
How far-fetched is it that Chizik knew the NCAA was coming for the Barn and wanted to get fired?
I doubt that was why he failed, but the buyout might be in the ballpark. I kinda picture him walking out to his car in Jordan Hare stadium after getting fired with a sinister smile slowly emerging upon his face, the slouched limp transforming into a brisk gait. A la Kaiser Soze at the end of The Usual Suspects.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
The more I think about it, the stronger the similarity between Chizik and Kaiser Soze. You have the unwitting stooge turning the tables on a bunch of unscrupulous miscreants, leaving them in a wake of chaos and destruction while he walks into the sunset with a cool $10M.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
How far-fetched is it that Chizik knew the NCAA was coming for the Barn and wanted to get fired?
I think it is very unlikely that he wanted to get fired because NCAA violations could eliminate Chizik's buyout agreement, so if that is the case it seems like Chizik would want to keep his job.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.