Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Sorry folks, but I can't get into the Auburn hate as much as a lot of y'all. They should get what they deserve and I will get a certain satisfaction in that. But, I have lived in 5 SEC states and 3 states with other conferences and I have never understood the unmitigated hatred that arises from football rivalries and carries over to all aspects of a rival university. I generally pull for Auburn, and yes, most any other SEC team, when they play outside the conference. Auburn's troubles reflect poorly on the State of Georgia and the SEC because fans around the country lump us all in one big basket and hate all SEC teams, and generally SEC states as well. I know many of you enjoy your hatred of Auburn almost as much as you enjoy your love for the Tide, just don't count me among that group.
FIFY ;)

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Again, more from Phillip Marshall,

Q: Is the NCAA looking into other matters besides Robinson?
A: No. Of course, when NCAA investigators are around, there is always concern that they will turn over a rock and find something other than what they are looking for.
This little bit seems to have changed since earlier this afternoon. Obviously as some have already noted, it doesnt make sense for the NCAA to be on campus talking to coaches and players if this was only a Javon Robinson issue. To see it stated by Marshall is something else all together.

I changed the wording on whether this involves anything other than Memphis. I was told it does not. At least that's the way I understood it. I have since been told that it could. I don't want to mislead anyone.
http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/PMARSHONAU-QA-on-reported-probe-14220756/1

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Here's an ESPN that goes into details of grade changing of recruits..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Crutchfield said the NCAA became aware something was amiss when Auburn officials submitted a transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center that was different from the one Notre Dame had for the player.

Seems like Notre Dame might have turned Auburn in.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think we all saw this coming but in my opinion this is not a good thing for the SEC nor Bama. While it has been fun to watch all it does is give the SEC haters more reason to hate and more importantly diminish the rivalry between Bama and AU. Our schedule has been ripped all year by the media for being weak and Ark and Au are a big part of that. I would much rather beat a undefeated Au team than one that can't even win a conference game. Just my opinion...
There's nothing wrong with Auburn loosing every game... Even if we take a hit for strength of schedule.
S.N.A.S.S.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I still believe that the NCAA purposely made sure nothing came from the Cam saga and Auburn caught a break. I don't believe the NCAA believed it could survive another Heisman and National Championship pull due to a bought player. Or benching him during Auburn's run. The fallout would have been enormous and might have been the event that brought in the paying of players, so I believe they thought.

Auburn is getting a delayed probation on an unrelated matter. They got their national championship and the NCAA side-stepped a bomb with Cam, whom I believe couldn't have stayed in College even if wanted to.
Auburn gets the Al Capone treatment. ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is Phillip Marshall related to the late Benny Marshall? I used to read Benny Marshall's sports column many moons ago. If related, the apple fell a long away from the tree, like on a different continent.
He actually started at the University and, I think I remember, was on the FB team for a short period. I've heard varied stories as to why he quit or got thrown off and turned against Bama...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Sorry folks, but I can't get into the Auburn hate as much as a lot of y'all. They should get what they deserve and I will get a certain satisfaction in that. But, I have lived in 5 SEC states and 3 states with other conferences and I have never understood the unmitigated hatred that arises from football rivalries and carries over to all aspects of a rival university. I generally pull for Auburn, and yes, most any other SEC team, when they play outside the conference. Auburn's troubles reflect poorly on the State of Alabama and the SEC because fans around the country lump us all in one big basket and hate all SEC teams, and generally SEC states as well. I know many of you enjoy your hatred of Auburn almost as much as you enjoy your love for the Tide, just don't count me among that group.
I'm sorry you are having to lay with dogs here. If you feel so stongly about your beloved API perhaps you would be happier elsewhere? :) :BigA:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Is Phillip Marshall related to the late Benny Marshall? I used to read Benny Marshall's sports column many moons ago. If related, the apple fell a long away from the tree, like on a different continent.
Yes. His son. Benny was a respected sportswriter and sadly committed suicide decades ago.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wow. Took a peak at ITAT and they honestly believe this has been orchestrated by us to keep them from hiring a decent coach and to hurt their recruiting.

It was a lot more fun hearing them moan and groan about how bad their football team has become, but now they are all fired up about how much we cheat and get away with it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
With this latest investigation in mind, is it a coincidence that so much corruption comes from Memphis?
(Remember Albert Means?)
Where are you MR. ADAMS? Got anything to say? (We haven't forgotten the 'TennStud'...)
Memphis football is kind of like the stink of a 'Porto-Pottie'.
(You don't have to look, the smell is enough to convince most folks.)

Looks like Auburn stepped in it this time. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.