Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Not looking good for The Barners..I thought the tree burning was for distraction for the upcoming beat down Saturday..Guess I was wrong..They were set on fire to distract this news coming out..

Finebaum should be interesting today..

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
There were rumblings a few months ago when Troopah and Luper were taken off the road that there might be trouble.

Now that its official, I wonder how this will impact our recruiting of notable AU commits such as Ruben Foster and Dee Liner. Foster's move to an Auburn HS was already questionable. Will this keep us away from him completely now?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Most interesting part of the article

Taylor was a finalist this season for national Assistant Coach of the Year honors from the American Football Coaches Association.
Whhhhhat?!?!? Based on what???

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The way the Barn looked at the hiring of Saban was desperate times means desperate measures. They knew they had to do everything and anything in their power to keep up with the Jones' and they have been caught. Now the spiral will get worse and it may be 5-10 years before the Barn gets out of the bottom half of the SEC.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Phillip Marshall comment
"There is really nothing new here at all. The NCAA has definitely been asking questions and that's no secret. I do not believe Auburn has received any kind of official letter."

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Phillip Marshall comment
"There is really nothing new here at all. The NCAA has definitely been asking questions and that's no secret. I do not believe Auburn has received any kind of official letter."
Typical PM response: "nothing to see here...move along"

Last edited:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
It was just reported on Finebaum that the NCAA was on campus this past week also (interviewing an assistant coach and multiple player), and this is not just about Jovon Robinson's grade changes.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
A telling thing I just saw:
I thought I had read somewhere that the buyout is null and void if they get busted. This is their way out. The board knows they will be down anyway, so why not take the hit, fire Chiz with no buyout, hire a "fill-in", and get the big hire in a couple of years?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I thought it was quite ironic the news broke on finebaum right after the nice Iron Bowl montage they had put together.

I thought it was a joke at first, when he came on right after the montage with the news.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I think we all saw this coming but in my opinion this is not a good thing for the SEC nor Bama. While it has been fun to watch all it does is give the SEC haters more reason to hate and more importantly diminish the rivalry between Bama and AU. Our schedule has been ripped all year by the media for being weak and Ark and Au are a big part of that. I would much rather beat a undefeated Au team than one that can't even win a conference game. Just my opinion...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.