Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Re: Kirby says "no thanks" to Kentucky.....

Quote Originally Posted by TidePride50 View Post
    I think this offseason will tell us a lot about the future of both Smart and Saban. If Smart does stay, I kinda have the feeling that means there may be a plan in place for him to be the next head coach. If he were to leave, to me that says Saban is planning on being around a good bit longer. All speculation on my part.
    RTR '12!
    You and I think alike on this. I believe the offseason will tell us a lot about the future of Alabama and it's head coach. Like some others, though, I don't think Kirby leaves Bama unless a truly stellar opportunity is offered to him. Maybe Tennessee, but does he really want to play Saban year in and year out? I just don't see it. If he stays another year he might get a shot at USC or Texas, though.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Kirby says "no thanks" to Kentucky.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSabanator View Post
    Then, can you see how someone might get that idea when they don't know Kirby Smart? In my humble opinion, at the end of the day, the success of the defense begins and ends with Saban. Sorry if that opinion hurts feelings.
    In practice Coach Saban loves to work with the DB's that's what he likes to do. But the DB's are not the whole Defense. LB's are the QB of the D & if you look on the sidelines during a game you can clearly see Kirby calls the defensive alignment. I have no doubt that on Game day Kirby has control of the D. Now does CNS step in? Yes & he should this is His program. He steps in on Special team & the O as well.

Funny reminds me of a story I heard years ago.

Another coach & CPB were out for drinks at around 2 AM & CPB needed to come back & get something out of his office. There was a light on in an office down the hall, the other coach said Whts that.

Coach Bryant replied That Donahue making me look like a genius.