Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team TidePride50's Avatar

Article--Advantages Georgia has vs Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    More than anything many of us need to grow thicker skin. Granted, most of what's on BR is nothing more than what you'd read going to another message board, but not everyone's going to love Alabama. It's what happens when you're great. People wanna see you knocked down. That's life at the top.

There will be a multitude of people this week saying that UGA has a real chance to beat us, and they'll trump up all kinds of theories on how they'll do it, because they're trying to convince themselves more than anything. And that's what they get paid to do...talk. But come 3 o'clock next Saturday the teams have to play. Can't run from destiny.
    Agreed.
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Article--Advantages Georgia has vs Alabama

More than anything many of us need to grow thicker skin.
    This

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

Re: Article--Advantages Georgia has vs Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

This article sums it up. There is no need for this football game to be played. We don't have a chance.

BamaNation First Team

More than anything many of us need to grow thicker skin. Granted, most of what's on BR is nothing more than what you'd read going to another message board, but not everyone's going to love Alabama. It's what happens when you're great. People wanna see you knocked down. That's life at the top.

There will be a multitude of people this week saying that UGA has a real chance to beat us, and they'll trump up all kinds of theories on how they'll do it, because they're trying to convince themselves more than anything. And that's what they get paid to do...talk. But come 3 o'clock next Saturday the teams have to play. Can't run from destiny.
    I like this post. I also like reading all the comments, pro Bama or not. It is great to be in the big game and get to debate it. It is such a good time to be a Bama fan, I'm just enjoying it all. That said; shut the bulldogs up Tide

Obviously the author of the article (an Ohio St. fan attending Ga. Southern) seems to have tempered his opinion since he wrote the article. He also wrote these, basically saying the Tide is more consistent and would be a better bet than UGA to win the BCS Championship.

Alabama vs. Georgia: Why Tide Is Best Bet to Keep SEC BCS Title Streak Alive

Notre Dame Football: Is Alabama or Georgia the Easier BCS Title Game Opponent?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Wasn't really a nasty "article," just a dumb one

BamaNation All-American NBF_Bama_Cavalry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Why do y'all keep posting stuff from bleacherreport? It's amazing that anyone gives any weight to anything written there.
    Not only that - bleacher report has so many ads that are either java or shockwave driven it's just an awful website. I get that ads pay for the site but it's counter productive if people won't go to the website because it's so poorly designed.
    A good game plan vigorously executed right now is far better than a perfect game plan executed next week. General George Patton (paraphrased)

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    Can we just ban Bleacher Report links? Seriously, even the pro-Alabama ones have so little to contribute.
    Bleacher report has found a niche in the system and is now worth tens of millions $'s. The niche is that Google will index news articles no matter if they are 3 or 300 a day. Bleacher bombards the web so doing a Google News search on a team usually results in a flood of their articles. To write this many articles and get the ad revenue requires users to create the content! The articles are extremely biased and popularity is based on viewers. So the teams with the most fans get the most biased articles. They are also notorious for ranking things and making you click to seperate pages for each rank. So listing the top 20 stadiums for example will have you clicking to 20 seperate pages, with an advertisement every fourth page.

Their business model is quantity over quality for maximum revenue over any sort of standards of reporting sports.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Article--Advantages Georgia has vs Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

I have the app on my iPad "3" and rarely use it. I have to remember to even look at it. They have a couple of good things that are good though. It's beat to look at the articles that are objective. This UGa one is homerism at its best. Everyone else outside of them is looking for Bama to win it all!