Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

Toomer's oaks - the real story...

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toomer's oaks - the real story...

Trees don't last forever. Especially when they're abused with toilet paper and finally torched.

I am not sure what it's worth, but they may want to cut their losses, remove the trees and replace with some statues or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, a nice hay bale and pumpkin ensemble in the fall would be a nice touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post
    Trees don't last forever. Especially when they're abused with toilet paper and finally torched.

I am not sure what it's worth, but they may want to cut their losses, remove the trees and replace with some statues or something.
    I'm thinking "Petting Zoo"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post

They could go back to rolling the power lines/power poles like they did before some blathering idiot thought about rolling the trees instead. It's still the dumbest idea I've ever heard, unless placing poop paper trees on the side of their senior rings is even worse...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Toomer's oaks - the real story...

Have you ever seen the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom at Disney World? It's amazing. They obviously wouldn't need anything that big, but I don't understand why they don't hire someone to create a similar tree sculpture and roll that thing whenever they win. Let's face it...they don't give a damn about the trees, they just want something so that they can display to the world that they DO have access to toilet paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Have you ever seen the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom at Disney World? It's amazing. They obviously wouldn't need anything that big, but I don't understand why they don't hire someone to create a similar tree sculpture and roll that thing whenever they win. Let's face it...they don't give a damn about the trees, they just want something so that they can display to the world that they DO have access to toilet paper.
    Yep. Hard to roll a tree with catalog paper or corn cobs...

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

They have a "tradition" that most people associate with stupid teenagers bored on Halloween night.

Seriously, did you expect intelligence from them?

Especially considering this is an agricultural school.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post

Any competent welder could build a large metal tree for them to roll.

Fire wouldn't be an issue, because I don't foresee a lot of rolling in their future.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yep. Hard to roll a tree with catalog paper or corn cobs...
    The best post of the day. I laughed till I cried !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whirleybird View Post
    The best post of the day. I laughed till I cried !
    You're welcome...

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Toomer's oaks - the real story...

I think a statue is a great idea, Jet.

Like this:

Note that it's empty.
    Last edited by fundytide; November 22nd, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No API person will ever listen to logic, even when it comes from their own sources. It's just easier to play the victim card.