Recruiting Trend

TheCrimsonLiver

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2006
Pell City
We are having a Dynasty unfolding before our eyes and it made me think back to USC in the early 2000's. That got me to noticing some other similarities that weren't really our strongpoint, probably due to our style of play or misconception of it. What I have noticed is that our recruiting of top notch skill players seems be getting on par with high flying offenses. Julio Jones was once thought of as a "once in a lifetime" player as a reciever in a program known for it's running game. Now, we are getting some highly touted recievers every year. IMO, this is due to the dynasty effect. I do believe in the upcoming years we will see a span of offensive football from Alabama that has never been seen. What do you guys think about my theory?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I get your point and agree except Julio was a a once in a lifetime player. With that being said the skill position are on par with USC in the early 2000's and maybe the best ever at Alabama. With next years skill position players being added to our current group will no doubt be the best assembled at Bama IMO.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not so sure we see Julio at Bama if he wasn't "from Alabama". I think growing up a fan is what saved us in our recruitment of him. Otherwise he was probably gone to OU IMHO.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm not so sure we see Julio at Bama if he wasn't "from Alabama". I think growing up a fan is what saved us in our recruitment of him. Otherwise he was probably gone to OU IMHO.
Julio has stated on many occasions that until his junior year in high school he wasn't even a football fan, let alone an Alabama fan. He said he never watched it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heaven help if Alabama has a nice arsenal of top WRs or highly touted QBs plus a stable of RBs. A variety of offensive talent and playcalling is never a thing. :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.