Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

National Championship - Overlooking GA (next time , a better title will be required)

Everyone talks as if we are in the NC. I hope the players don't think they have the Ga game won. It is going to be difficult.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: National Championship

After getting a second opportunity to go to the NCG, I'm certain no one will take the Dawgs lightly. Out of the 3 games we have left, it will be our toughest. Saban will have them focused.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaman65 View Post
    Everyone talks as if we are in the NC. I hope the players don't think they have the Ga game won. It is going to be difficult.
    You just did the same thing with the Iron bowl. One game at a time playing Alabma football and all will end well for us. RatR!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If we take GA lightly or look past them we will get beat badly. They are a very good team and will play us tough. The Barn is a different story and we will pound them.

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    If we take GA lightly or look past them we will get beat badly. They are a very good team and will play us tough. The Barn is a different story and we will pound them.

Exactly right. Georgia has the players to beat us if we take them too lightly. Bama better hope that Aaron Murray doesn't have his best game of the year like every other QB we've played this year. We, however, have much better coaches. I trust Saban to have this team focused and ready to play.

BTW, what happened to a week off between the end of the regular season and the championship game?

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall1959 View Post
    Exactly right. Georgia has the players to beat us if we take them too lightly. Bama better hope that Aaron Murray doesn't have his best game of the year like every other QB we've played this year. We, however, have much better coaches. I trust Saban to have this team focused and ready to play.

BTW, what happened to a week off between the end of the regular season and the championship game?

I think the went the way of the DODO when the conference went to a regular season schedule of 12 games.
    Roll Tsunami, Roll!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall1959 View Post

SEC eliminated it several years ago. They need to rethink it. SECCG has always been special enough to warrant an extra week of preparation. Will be even more special with the 4 team playoff coming.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    SEC eliminated it several years ago. They need to rethink it. SECCG has always been special enough to warrant an extra week of preparation. Will be even more special with the 4 team playoff coming.
    I'm pretty sure it's now part of the TV contract -- all rivalry games must be played Thanksgiving weekend to provide plenty of "inventory" for CBS and ESPN while everyone's home watching.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm quite sure CNS will have them focused the next 2 games...

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I know if the Team is half as pumped as I am for this opportunity they will make the most of it. I see no reason to think CNS will allow them to think about anything other than the next step.

This team gets to show its true character now & will take advantage of it.

BamaNation Second Team grlindsey08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's now part of the TV contract -- all rivalry games must be played Thanksgiving weekend to provide plenty of "inventory" for CBS and ESPN while everyone's home watching.
    It's my understanding that the Iron Bowl will be a week later next year.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Coach Paul "Bear Bryant"

i don't know why anyone would think that this team, that didn't get the SEC title last year even though it was one of their goals, is going to overlook the SECCG regardless of who we are playing.

add:
    i think that we will see our best game of the year so far in the SECCG.
    Last edited by 92tide; November 23rd, 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: additional thought
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

National Championship - Overlooking GA (next time , a better title will be required)

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i don't know why anyone would think that this team, that didn't get the SEC title last year even though it was one of their goals, is going to overlook the SECCG regardless of who we are playing.

add:
    i think that we will see our best game of the year so far in the SECCG.
    This is what I like to hear. We've had a lot of Debby Downers. I think we had a rough spot just like every other team. I can't wait until tomorrow!