Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...f&sct=cf_ft_a4

Will this be the second week in a row that the jinx knocks off the BCS #1? If we do our job and win out then we'll be in Miami, but if ND loses then things will get very interesting as to who we would play. I'm not taking anything for granted. I just hope we take advantage of our newfound opportunity/2nd chance like last year. For those of us who would love to pay ND back for 1966 and 1973 if we do get to Miami, do we think ND will get by USC and lane kitten this weekend? Myself, I don't think kiffie can pull off the upset, and I just want to see us get to Miami no matter who we'd play and have a shot at winning 3 of the last 4 BCS titles. But I hate ND so much that I can't say that I'll be one bit unhappy if the SI jinx bites them like it did KState last week.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

Really if they ever jinx anyone again they should just fold the magazine....

Too much is too much.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One of the SI writers (his name escapes me) came and gave a talk to the public where I work a few weeks ago. Someone asked him if the SI curse was real. He said that they did a story on the SI curse a while back and used a picture of a black cat in the article. A week after it went public, the lady who owned the cat called them and said her cat had been killed.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If I were a Domer, I would be having the heebie jeebies after seeing that front page. Might it be the K.O.D. for them?

.....nah.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American lynyrd skynyrd's Avatar
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Mine went straight from the mailbox to the garbage can
    "Footballs only brutal when one sides hittin' and the other'n ain't". Clem Gryska UA asst. coach, 1973

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...f&sct=cf_ft_a4

Will this be the second week in a row that the jinx knocks off the BCS #1? If we do our job and win out then we'll be in Miami, but if ND loses then things will get very interesting as to who we would play. I'm not taking anything for granted. I just hope we take advantage of our newfound opportunity/2nd chance like last year. For those of us who would love to pay ND back for 1966 and 1973 if we do get to Miami, do we think ND will get by USC and lane kitten this weekend? Myself, I don't think kiffie can pull off the upset, and I just want to see us get to Miami no matter who we'd play and have a shot at winning 3 of the last 4 BCS titles. But I hate ND so much that I can't say that I'll be one bit unhappy if the SI jinx bites them like it did KState last week.
    Not to mention paying them back for the 1974 Orange Bowl...

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 78Alum View Post
    Not to mention paying them back for the 1974 Orange Bowl...
    Yes, that one, too. At least they weren't keeping us from being number 1 in that one as I remember. 66 and 73 were too much to swallow as they were. Don't know what I'd have done if they'd done it to us another time.

BamaNation All-American

I'd still rather beat them than beat any of the others.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

LOL! Notre Dame is DOOMED now!! The Sports Illustrated jinx never fails. Too bad, I wanted to see Bama beat the crap out of the Domers in the BCSNCG.

BamaNation First Team Elwood Crimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    If I were a Domer, I would be having the heebie jeebies after seeing that front page. Might it be the K.O.D. for them?

.....nah.
    So this must be the doomed Domers thread.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Meh. I'd love to beat them in the BCSCG, but if they lose to USC, they will be out of the BCSCG altogether. I could live with that.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Crimson View Post
    So this must be the doomed Domers thread.
    Haha, good one. I'll have to remember that one on January 7th.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    When was the last time so many people thought a four loss team with a backup quarterback could beat the #1 ranked team? I'm guessing never. That says a lot about what people think of ND.