Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

Don't wager on games, but noticed that since opening, the line has moved from -4.0 to -5.5, ND. We're holding at -34 against the U. of Auburn.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    If we were playing a four loss team with a backup quarterback on the road the line would be two touchdowns at least.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    One of the SI writers (his name escapes me) came and gave a talk to the public where I work a few weeks ago. Someone asked him if the SI curse was real. He said that they did a story on the SI curse a while back and used a picture of a black cat in the article. A week after it went public, the lady who owned the cat called them and said her cat had been killed.
    I know it ain't right, but that's just funny to me - 'course, I've never been a cat lover.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Been reading your boards for the past couple weeks and its really similar to ours. I'm glad to be here. Good Fball talk. Anyway, hopefully the SI jinx doesn't come into play. I don't think it will, as this is our second SI cover this CFB season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Yes, that one, too. At least they weren't keeping us from being number 1 in that one as I remember. 66 and 73 were too much to swallow as they were. Don't know what I'd have done if they'd done it to us another time.
    No they did indeed keep us from winning a title in that game. They weren't in the running, but we were. Alabama was undefeated going into that Orange Bowl. It was Ara's last game and Notre Dame played out of their minds and beat us 13-11. Alabama would have won at least a share of the title had they won that Orange Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    No they did indeed keep us from winning a title in that game. They weren't in the running, but we were. Alabama was undefeated going into that Orange Bowl. It was Ara's last game and Notre Dame played out of their minds and beat us 13-11. Alabama would have won at least a share of the title had they won that Orange Bowl.
    Thanks. Forgot we were undefeated that year and that we had a chance at a share of the title. That team's record was probably better than they actually were, but losing two in a row to ND and getting knocked out of a title again really sucked. And its being Ara's last game is probably what cinched it for them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSabanator View Post
    LOL! Notre Dame is DOOMED now!! The Sports Illustrated jinx never fails. Too bad, I wanted to see Bama beat the crap out of the Domers in the BCSNCG.
    Sabanator,i felt the same way you did until the freshman thats gonna be starting for southern cal in matt barkleys place guaranteed a southern cal win. With some nice fresh bulletin board material like that i think southern cals chances to win the game just went from good to nonexistent,s.i. cover or not. Notre dames coaching staff will have that hardwired into their players brains by kickoff. I look for notre dame to destroy southern cal now,especially after that freshman qb making such a foolish guarantee.

I dont buy into the SI curse. Any player or team that makes the cover is usually either on a hot streak of some kind or has performed better than they typically do. It is common for there to be a regression to the mean at some point after the individual or team has over performed and chances are that will happen soon after the great performance.

I'm hoping ND's regression to the mean occurs in the BCS Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    I dont buy into the SI curse. Any player or team that makes the cover is usually either on a hot streak of some kind or has performed better than they typically do. It is common for there to be a regression to the mean at some point after the individual or team has over performed and chances are that will happen soon after the great performance.

I'm hoping ND's regression to the mean occurs in the BCS Championship game.
    Hoping for no regression, but hoping to get there and meet you guys. It is unanimous on our boards: we want 'bama. And ND has to beat the best to show they are the best. Gotta get through U$C (which, I am kind of shocked most of you are rooting for them), and then hopefully meet you in NCG.

Big nd fan this weekend, really want to face them in the BCSCG!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

We are hoping to meet you friendly irish and hopefully have a repeat of the 1980 sugar bowl. Personally i hope you guys crush southern cal tomorrow. I think barkleys replacement for tomorrows game just sealed their fate with his foolish guarantee of victory. good luck tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Hoping for no regression, but hoping to get there and meet you guys. It is unanimous on our boards: we want 'bama. And ND has to beat the best to show they are the best. Gotta get through U$C (which, I am kind of shocked most of you are rooting for them), and then hopefully meet you in NCG.
    I hope Notre Dame wins tomorrow and that we can beat Auburn and Georgia. IMO, that would create an epic national championship game matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    I hope Notre Dame wins tomorrow and that we can beat Auburn and Georgia. IMO, that would create an epic national championship game matchup.
    Agreed. Absolutely epic. Vegas is saying already it would be the most wagered college football game of all time. Hope you guys crush Chizik and win the SEC Ship, then it can get real interesting.