Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I dont buy into the SI curse. Any player or team that makes the cover is usually either on a hot streak of some kind or has performed better than they typically do. It is common for there to be a regression to the mean at some point after the individual or team has over performed and chances are that will happen soon after the great performance.

I'm hoping ND's regression to the mean occurs in the BCS Championship game. :)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
I dont buy into the SI curse. Any player or team that makes the cover is usually either on a hot streak of some kind or has performed better than they typically do. It is common for there to be a regression to the mean at some point after the individual or team has over performed and chances are that will happen soon after the great performance.

I'm hoping ND's regression to the mean occurs in the BCS Championship game. :)
Hoping for no regression, but hoping to get there and meet you guys. It is unanimous on our boards: we want 'bama. And ND has to beat the best to show they are the best. Gotta get through U$C (which, I am kind of shocked most of you are rooting for them), and then hopefully meet you in NCG.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
We are hoping to meet you friendly irish and hopefully have a repeat of the 1980 sugar bowl. Personally i hope you guys crush southern cal tomorrow. I think barkleys replacement for tomorrows game just sealed their fate with his foolish guarantee of victory. good luck tomorrow.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Hoping for no regression, but hoping to get there and meet you guys. It is unanimous on our boards: we want 'bama. And ND has to beat the best to show they are the best. Gotta get through U$C (which, I am kind of shocked most of you are rooting for them), and then hopefully meet you in NCG.
I hope Notre Dame wins tomorrow and that we can beat Auburn and Georgia. IMO, that would create an epic national championship game matchup.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
I hope Notre Dame wins tomorrow and that we can beat Auburn and Georgia. IMO, that would create an epic national championship game matchup.
Agreed. Absolutely epic. Vegas is saying already it would be the most wagered college football game of all time. Hope you guys crush Chizik and win the SEC Ship, then it can get real interesting.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Probably the most watched and most expensive tickets, as well.

I attended a game in South Bend a few years ago. It was a great experience. I hope to go again sometime.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.