Notre Dame on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/va...sivcoverhome&eref=sisf&eref=sisf&sct=cf_ft_a4

Will this be the second week in a row that the jinx knocks off the BCS #1? If we do our job and win out then we'll be in Miami, but if ND loses then things will get very interesting as to who we would play. I'm not taking anything for granted. I just hope we take advantage of our newfound opportunity/2nd chance like last year. For those of us who would love to pay ND back for 1966 and 1973 if we do get to Miami, do we think ND will get by USC and lane kitten this weekend? Myself, I don't think kiffie can pull off the upset, and I just want to see us get to Miami no matter who we'd play and have a shot at winning 3 of the last 4 BCS titles. But I hate ND so much that I can't say that I'll be one bit unhappy if the SI jinx bites them like it did KState last week.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
One of the SI writers (his name escapes me) came and gave a talk to the public where I work a few weeks ago. Someone asked him if the SI curse was real. He said that they did a story on the SI curse a while back and used a picture of a black cat in the article. A week after it went public, the lady who owned the cat called them and said her cat had been killed.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/va...sivcoverhome&eref=sisf&eref=sisf&sct=cf_ft_a4

Will this be the second week in a row that the jinx knocks off the BCS #1? If we do our job and win out then we'll be in Miami, but if ND loses then things will get very interesting as to who we would play. I'm not taking anything for granted. I just hope we take advantage of our newfound opportunity/2nd chance like last year. For those of us who would love to pay ND back for 1966 and 1973 if we do get to Miami, do we think ND will get by USC and lane kitten this weekend? Myself, I don't think kiffie can pull off the upset, and I just want to see us get to Miami no matter who we'd play and have a shot at winning 3 of the last 4 BCS titles. But I hate ND so much that I can't say that I'll be one bit unhappy if the SI jinx bites them like it did KState last week.
Not to mention paying them back for the 1974 Orange Bowl...

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Not to mention paying them back for the 1974 Orange Bowl...
Yes, that one, too. At least they weren't keeping us from being number 1 in that one as I remember. 66 and 73 were too much to swallow as they were. Don't know what I'd have done if they'd done it to us another time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Meh. I'd love to beat them in the BCSCG, but if they lose to USC, they will be out of the BCSCG altogether. I could live with that.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
When was the last time so many people thought a four loss team with a backup quarterback could beat the #1 ranked team? I'm guessing never. That says a lot about what people think of ND.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Don't wager on games, but noticed that since opening, the line has moved from -4.0 to -5.5, ND. We're holding at -34 against the U. of Auburn.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
If we were playing a four loss team with a backup quarterback on the road the line would be two touchdowns at least.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
One of the SI writers (his name escapes me) came and gave a talk to the public where I work a few weeks ago. Someone asked him if the SI curse was real. He said that they did a story on the SI curse a while back and used a picture of a black cat in the article. A week after it went public, the lady who owned the cat called them and said her cat had been killed.
I know it ain't right, but that's just funny to me - 'course, I've never been a cat lover.;)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Been reading your boards for the past couple weeks and its really similar to ours. I'm glad to be here. Good Fball talk. Anyway, hopefully the SI jinx doesn't come into play. I don't think it will, as this is our second SI cover this CFB season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes, that one, too. At least they weren't keeping us from being number 1 in that one as I remember. 66 and 73 were too much to swallow as they were. Don't know what I'd have done if they'd done it to us another time.
No they did indeed keep us from winning a title in that game. They weren't in the running, but we were. Alabama was undefeated going into that Orange Bowl. It was Ara's last game and Notre Dame played out of their minds and beat us 13-11. Alabama would have won at least a share of the title had they won that Orange Bowl.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
No they did indeed keep us from winning a title in that game. They weren't in the running, but we were. Alabama was undefeated going into that Orange Bowl. It was Ara's last game and Notre Dame played out of their minds and beat us 13-11. Alabama would have won at least a share of the title had they won that Orange Bowl.
Thanks. Forgot we were undefeated that year and that we had a chance at a share of the title. That team's record was probably better than they actually were, but losing two in a row to ND and getting knocked out of a title again really sucked. And its being Ara's last game is probably what cinched it for them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
LOL! Notre Dame is DOOMED now!! The Sports Illustrated jinx never fails. Too bad, I wanted to see Bama beat the crap out of the Domers in the BCSNCG.
Sabanator,i felt the same way you did until the freshman thats gonna be starting for southern cal in matt barkleys place guaranteed a southern cal win. With some nice fresh bulletin board material like that i think southern cals chances to win the game just went from good to nonexistent,s.i. cover or not. Notre dames coaching staff will have that hardwired into their players brains by kickoff. I look for notre dame to destroy southern cal now,especially after that freshman qb making such a foolish guarantee.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.