How much longer can Mack Brown last at Texas?

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
My fear has always been that Texas would actually hire someone who is really good. They have recruiting, facilities & more money than God. I have one friend who is a TX alum, he covets CNS, but realizes that is likely a forlorn hope. He would also like Les Miles. As odd as that may seem, I would prefer Miles not have that kind of money & talent available to him.
Les Miles's daughter signed to swim at Texas next year. Pay increase, getting away from Nick Saban, and coaching where your oldest child is going are good incentives.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Yeah, he has hit a rough patch and it maybe sinking downward into mediocrity, but folks forget that Mack Brown brought Texas back to national attention since he arrived in 1998. Their last national title was in 1970 with Royal. They have played in 4 BCS games, two of them for titles. before that they were off the radar.

From 1984 to 1998 when Mack arrived, Texas was never ranked higher than 11th, and more years than not they weren't even ranked. In the same 14 years since he took control, they have had 5 top 5 finishes; two more in the top 10, and then 4 more in the top 25. Folks complain, but when teh books close on Brown's chapter in Texas, the only coach that will surpass him is Royal himself.

Please don't even put his name in the same sentence with Coach Royal. He would not make a pimple on CDR's behind.

Mack Brown was a HC for 22 years, 8 at Texas, before he ever won a championship of ANY KIND! That's just flat out ridiculous especially considering all the tremendous advantages that the HC at Texas has going for him.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I'm out here in Texas and all you ever hear from their fans in referance to the National Championship is "What is Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt", "that was a dirty hit", "Alabama has the best team money can buy". My reply is always Longhorns? huh since that game ya'll are the "Shorthorns" in my book and everyone elses...no one fears playing Texas.

All this has worn on their fans and they want Mack out. They all say he's a great guy and they would love to keep him around in some capacity but they want a firecraker in as HC.

Great time to be a TIDE fan, RTR!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
He's perfect for Texas.

Over-hyped, overrated, whiny, and entitled.
And over-paid. And he thinks over-worked with the Longhorn Network. Anyone who does take his job will have to spend too much time with the Longhorn Network.

Let them keep him so that they can maintain mediocrity for a few more years with the best talent in Texas. A & M has to get the left-overs in the state like Johnny Football.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And over-paid. And he thinks over-worked with the Longhorn Network. Anyone who does take his job will have to spend too much time with the Longhorn Network.

Let them keep him so that they can maintain mediocrity for a few more years with the best talent in Texas. A & M has to get the left-overs in the state like Johnny Football.
I forgot that, when he was asked about the LHN, he said "I didn't ask for it..."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.