BamaNation First Team playball31580's Avatar

Public parking for the Iron Bowl

Was wondering if there is public parking on campus as I know in the past in lots reserved for Boy Scouts. Are they still doing that? If so, where on campus? Thanks & Roll Tide!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Public parking for the Iron Bowl

I come in from the west side and it's some public parking there but it's not on campus. Most of the lots over
    on that side the boy scouts have now and it's $20 to park. I know it's for a good cause but I'm not paying
    $20 to park. I can park on the side of the road for free and it's only about 1 block away from the scouts
    parking lots.

Correct me if my info is outdated, but I believe you can park for free at McFarland Mall and take a free shuttle ride to/from BDS.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

For the LSU game last year we parked in someones yard just off campus on 7th St behind the strip. 2 1/2 blocks from the Hounds Tooth and less than 1/3 of a mile from the stadium... Well worth the $50 to park.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

It's $10 per person to take the shuttle from the mall. I did it last time and it was a huge waste of money. It took an hour just to get on the bus and another 30 minutes to get back to the mall.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't understand why they stopped people from parking along the river, other than money. It seems they keep taking away more and more parking but adding seats which causes more traffic problems. I drive 450 miles round trip and always stay until the end of the game but you have to make it possible to get out of town. RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

People are welcome to park in my front yard for only $5. Its only a 56 mile walk to BDS and according to Google Maps, you can do it in only 18 hours and 37 minutes.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The cheapest on-campus parking I've ever seen is $20. You can park in the large garage downtown for free and either pay $1 to ride the shuttle or walk about a mile. Unless you're very old, very young, or disabled in some way, there's no reason to give your money away when free parking and cheap shuttles (or free walking) are available.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

I usually try to find a spot between 7th and 10th Ave, between Hackberry and 10th.
    And we usually try to find Boy Scout parking.

Another area if you don;t mind a hike is up near Arby's on Univ Blvd, which is convenient if you want to go to the Bryant Museum on the way.

Have a lot of fun -- This is a GREAT time to be a Bama fan. Reminds me of the 70s, but with better haircuts
    Roll Tide!