Question: Public parking for the Iron Bowl

rja4bama

3rd Team
Feb 12, 2004
meridianville al.
al.com
I come in from the west side and it's some public parking there but it's not on campus. Most of the lots over
on that side the boy scouts have now and it's $20 to park. I know it's for a good cause but I'm not paying
$20 to park. I can park on the side of the road for free and it's only about 1 block away from the scouts
parking lots.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Correct me if my info is outdated, but I believe you can park for free at McFarland Mall and take a free shuttle ride to/from BDS.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
For the LSU game last year we parked in someones yard just off campus on 7th St behind the strip. 2 1/2 blocks from the Hounds Tooth and less than 1/3 of a mile from the stadium... Well worth the $50 to park.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
It's $10 per person to take the shuttle from the mall. I did it last time and it was a huge waste of money. It took an hour just to get on the bus and another 30 minutes to get back to the mall.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I don't understand why they stopped people from parking along the river, other than money. It seems they keep taking away more and more parking but adding seats which causes more traffic problems. I drive 450 miles round trip and always stay until the end of the game but you have to make it possible to get out of town. RTR

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
People are welcome to park in my front yard for only $5. Its only a 56 mile walk to BDS and according to Google Maps, you can do it in only 18 hours and 37 minutes.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
The cheapest on-campus parking I've ever seen is $20. You can park in the large garage downtown for free and either pay $1 to ride the shuttle or walk about a mile. Unless you're very old, very young, or disabled in some way, there's no reason to give your money away when free parking and cheap shuttles (or free walking) are available.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I usually try to find a spot between 7th and 10th Ave, between Hackberry and 10th.
And we usually try to find Boy Scout parking.

Another area if you don;t mind a hike is up near Arby's on Univ Blvd, which is convenient if you want to go to the Bryant Museum on the way.

Have a lot of fun -- This is a GREAT time to be a Bama fan. Reminds me of the 70s, but with better haircuts :)
Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.