Game Thread: LSU vs. Arkansas

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You think they are afraid of the ratings. Haha, there is an important game with Florida and FSU on at the same time. ;)
That is undoubtedly it. This game was close for 60 minutes...went to the last snap, yet you got the feeling they were trying to upsell the Iron Bowl which is slotted against Oregon v. Oregon State, Florida v. Florida State, and Oklahoma v. Oklahoma State.

Oregon v. Oregon State should be a ratings battle non-factor since it is on the young Pac-12 Network, but they have huge competition against what will be on ABC and Fox.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That is undoubtedly it. This game was close for 60 minutes...went to the last snap, yet you got the feeling they were trying to upsell the Iron Bowl which is slotted against Oregon v. Oregon State, Florida v. Florida State, and Oklahoma v. Oklahoma State.

Oregon v. Oregon State should be a ratings battle non-factor since it is on the young Pac-12 Network, but they have huge competition against what will be on ABC and Fox.
I'd think that our audience will be made up mostly of Bama fans. Be interesting to see what the ratings show...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I tend to agree. They need Auburn getting a lead and keeping it close to draw in upset watchers...the regional/national interest is in the Florida-Florida State game. It is the most "ranked" matchup and could potentially be huge in the championship picture if something crazy happens (specifically during that late USC-ND game).

If I wasn't getting to go to possibly my first Iron Bowl victory to attend in person, I would have my multi-television gameday setup on the Iron Bowl and the smaller TV on the UF-FSU game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd think that our audience will be made up mostly of Bama fans. Be interesting to see what the ratings show...
I'll be watching, don't really care about the rest of the country. but if CBS had the rights to the Florida game, we'd be on ESPN at night.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
Summary of this game:

"LSU CAN MAKE THE TITLE IF ALABAMA ON CBS 3:30 PM EST SATURDAY LOSES TO AUBURN ON CBS 3:30 PM EST SATURDAY"
Brando must have gone over what LSU needed to go to the SECCG about a dozen or more times. I was sick and tired of hiring him, all while the hogs were playing it very close. I really dislike Brando.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we lose to the Barn and A&M beats Missouri, we'd all have 6-2 records and everyone would have beaten each other. The next tie breaker is divisional record. We would have gone 4-2 in the West (losing to Barn and the Aggies), while the other two went 5-1, each lisng to Florida.

That would eliminate us. It then goes to head-to-head between LSU and A&M. Since LSU won that game, they go to Atlanta.

If we lose and Missouri beats A&M, we'd finish tied with LSU and we go to Atlanta.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We beat LSU head to head. Shouldn't head to head mean more than a common opponent?

We beat LSU, LSU beat aTm, aTm beat us.

Wait, I see. LSU's other loss was to a non division loss. We've got two division losses.

Yep that is why. Definitely crazy things. Now...if MIZZOU beats TAMU, we would still go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.