Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: LSU vs. Arkansas

I tend to agree. They need Auburn getting a lead and keeping it close to draw in upset watchers...the regional/national interest is in the Florida-Florida State game. It is the most "ranked" matchup and could potentially be huge in the championship picture if something crazy happens (specifically during that late USC-ND game).

If I wasn't getting to go to possibly my first Iron Bowl victory to attend in person, I would have my multi-television gameday setup on the Iron Bowl and the smaller TV on the UF-FSU game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'd think that our audience will be made up mostly of Bama fans. Be interesting to see what the ratings show...
    I'll be watching, don't really care about the rest of the country. but if CBS had the rights to the Florida game, we'd be on ESPN at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Summary of this game:

"LSU CAN MAKE THE TITLE IF ALABAMA ON CBS 3:30 PM EST SATURDAY LOSES TO AUBURN ON CBS 3:30 PM EST SATURDAY"
    Brando must have gone over what LSU needed to go to the SECCG about a dozen or more times. I was sick and tired of hiring him, all while the hogs were playing it very close. I really dislike Brando.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan23 View Post
    Brando must have gone over what LSU needed to go to the SECCG about a dozen or more times. I was sick and tired of hiring him, all while the hogs were playing it very close. I really dislike Brando.
    Brando hates Alabama fans. Not necessarily Alabama the school/program. But our fans he absolutely loathes.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team TidePride50's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LSU vs. Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Brando hates Alabama fans. Not necessarily Alabama the school/program. But our fans he absolutely loathes.
    That's good because we hate him too.

RTR '12!
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Hey guys, did you know LSU can still go to the SEC Championship game with a Alabama loss?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    Hey guys, did you know LSU can still go to the SEC Championship game with a Alabama loss?
    Excuse my ignorance but how does LSU go if we lose to Auburn and aTm wins? Don't we own the head to head?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Excuse my ignorance but how does LSU go if we lose to Auburn and aTm wins? Don't we own the head to head?
    No, because that would be a three way tie. And the head to head goes to lsu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Cha...team_procedure

I think it would be because both of our losses would be on the Western division side. So we would be knocked out. Then the head to head goes to LSU against TAMU.
    Last edited by TideMom2Boys; November 23rd, 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added link.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    No, because that would be a three way tie. And the head to head goes to lsu.
    We beat LSU head to head. Shouldn't head to head mean more than a common opponent?

We beat LSU, LSU beat aTm, aTm beat us.

Wait, I see. LSU's other loss was to a non division loss. We've got two division losses.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If we lose to the Barn and A&M beats Missouri, we'd all have 6-2 records and everyone would have beaten each other. The next tie breaker is divisional record. We would have gone 4-2 in the West (losing to Barn and the Aggies), while the other two went 5-1, each lisng to Florida.

That would eliminate us. It then goes to head-to-head between LSU and A&M. Since LSU won that game, they go to Atlanta.

If we lose and Missouri beats A&M, we'd finish tied with LSU and we go to Atlanta.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

We beat LSU head to head. Shouldn't head to head mean more than a common opponent?

We beat LSU, LSU beat aTm, aTm beat us.

Wait, I see. LSU's other loss was to a non division loss. We've got two division losses.

Yep that is why. Definitely crazy things. Now...if MIZZOU beats TAMU, we would still go.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

If Missouri beats A&M ~AND~ we lose to Auburn, I'm pretty sure that the world ends Dec 21st.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.