Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Against UF in 1999 I think the luck from rubbing our pet rabbit's foot actually helped Alabama beat Florida in The Swamp.
    Maybe it is just coincidence, but every time we did this, something good happened.

On the other hand, in 2010,I was traveling and did not wear my lucky houndstooth shirt and Alabama lost to USCe.The fact that I was not wearing it was gnawing at me all day and when I heard the final score I felt a cold chill.I still feel a bit of responsibility for this loss.....It still kind of bothers me......

Anyone else ever have an experience like this????
    Again, maybe it is all coincidence, but maybe not.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Joe View Post
    Against UF in 1999 I think the luck from rubbing our pet rabbit's foot actually helped Alabama beat Florida in The Swamp.
    Maybe it is just coincidence, but every time we did this, something good happened.

On the other hand, in 2010,I was traveling and did not wear my lucky houndstooth shirt and Alabama lost to USCe.The fact that I was not wearing it was gnawing at me all day and when I heard the final score I felt a cold chill.I still feel a bit of responsibility for this loss.....It still kind of bothers me......

Anyone else ever have an experience like this????
    Again, maybe it is all coincidence, but maybe not.
    I have always wondered why we didn't win that game. Now, I know.

Where was that houndstooth shirt this year when we played A & M earlier this season?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

I'm not very superstitious, but I always wear some Bama gear, whether in the stadium or at home, during the game...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

No. Luck = Preparation + Opportunity. My favorite philosophical thought from Seneca.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Texas A&M game, I was visiting my dad in Meridian and I felt we lost because I was west of Tuscaloosa. Lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Until I suit up for or coach my first game, uh....no.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Let me think about this for a seco... No and no fan ever should.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not a bit. I neither wear anything lucky, nor do I do anything consistently. I'm like Earl in the sense that I always wear something Bama, but that's to show support, not because of superstition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Nah, can't win them all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

No, but I always wear a Bama shirt. Well...not always, I forgot last weekend. Oops..but we were ok.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    No, but I always wear a Bama shirt. Well...not always, I forgot last weekend. Oops..but we were ok.
    Actually, I forgot and wore an olive green fleece shirt, but not tomorrow...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Actually, I forgot and wore an olive green fleece shirt, but not tomorrow...
    I try my best to always wear my red gameday pants.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Responsible for win or loss? Absolutely not.

However....I have a loose obsession with Karma. I often tell people that Karma is a (insert bad word) and just happens to be my friend. Anywho....I don't gamble and have a hard rule about any kind of betting where Bama is involved. I might bet a coke on the UF/FSU game for example but I would never do this if it involved Bama. Except twice. Once vs UT 5 or 6 years ago.....and vs Okla St in a bowl game a few years ago. In both cases, i made a TShirt bet and ended up wearing orange to work.....and I've always felt that I 100% deserved it.
    Be Good Or Be Gone