Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team tidegrad92's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'm not very superstitious, but I always wear some Bama gear, whether in the stadium or at home, during the game...
    My whole family (wife and two daughters) wears our Bama gear on game day regardless of watching on TV or going to the game. I have changed shirts and hats if we were playing badly while watching at home though. Always sporting Bama support though!
    "If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty. I like to win. I know no other way. It's in my blood."
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Proud third generation graduate of THE University

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I do believe in "Karma"..When The Viles tried to takes us down during the "Phat Phil" Era..Look how far they've fallen..It's come back to bite them with a vengeance..Just cause of the dirty way they went about doing it..Same goes for The Barners..When they tried "Operation Red Dog" in the Gadsden area to get us in trouble with the NCAA..Look how far they've fallen..

Instead of fighting fire with fire..We went about our business by improving our facilities & hiring the best HC in the game..Now look how far we've improved & separated for the good from The Barners & The Viles..And the good "Karma" has rewarded us with the strongest & most dominant football program in the game today..

BamaNation Second Team

Two things I learned a long time ago (1) I no longer make predictions on wins or scores. I tell people now that just when you think you know everything,GOD will step in and show you what you don't know.
    (2) I live by the if you can't take it don't dish it out rule.(I can't take it)
    So yeah, I feel that some of my past predictions have been lessons learned. Sorry

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When I first started to school at Bama, a friend introduced me to one of the cheerleaders. I didn't make it to the first home game of the season and UF beat us 35-0 or something like that in Gainesville in the second game of the season. Before the second home game that year (1991), I went down to the field and talked to the cheerleader and she gave me a shaker and told me I'd better yell and shake the hell out of it. I kept that same shaker for the next two years and even took it to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl in 1993. During the 1993 season, I accidentally left it at someone's house after the game just before the LSU game that year. I didn't go get it before that game and that was the first game that we lost since I had gotten that shaker. So, I felt responsible for that loss. I went back to that person's house to get the shaker, but we couldn't find it. Someone must have took it with them.

I went to visit a friend before football season in 1994 and we were hanging out with a couple of the cheerleaders at that time. I told one of them about the shaker and she went up to her apartment and got me one and told me that was my new lucky shaker. I kept it the entire season, but it must have not been as lucky since we lost to Florida in the SECCG that year. After a couple of losses in 95, I kind of lost interest in that shaker. I've still got it somewhere in my stuff, but we're using shakers that we got more recently now. They've done fairly well.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation First Team N AL Tider's Avatar

I know it wasn't me but...the 07 game against Arkansas..I left my seat twice and good things happened. Well on the last drive, I left my seat again and headed toward the concession to listen to Eli...when the crowed cheered I ran down to celebrate with my buddies! Sad thing is the touchdown was right in front of us..but I'll take it for a win!!!

This year...I kept my two year old daughter up to help cheer us on against LSWho...she and I were up jumping and cheering. I would say Defense; she would clap. On the last drive, I'd say we've gotta score...she'd cheer we gotta score yeah, yeah...it was awesome when we scored just because it was a great time with my daughter!

I let her sleep during the A&M game.

BamaNation First Team

In the 2005 I was at the LSU game and was really excited because we were undefeated and I thought I would finally see us win a championship (I was born in 91). I sat in the upper deck with a family friend and my mother sat alone in the lower bowl. At halftime we were dominating and up 10-0 and my mom said we could switch places so I could have a better seat....LSU went on to score 10 in the 3rd and beat us in overtime...

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

No that is crazy......but if you try to move my chair (front left chair leg has to be on the same tile each week) I, as well as every die hard in the room, will lose our minds.......felt personally responsible....no way....but if you do not give a high five to EVERYONE in the room every time Bama scores we will lose........but we are not superstitious at all...... To me it's a lot of fun to have quirky little things that become tradition amongst friends......roll tide....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Some folks taking this a little too seriously. Clearly, we don't affect the outcome, but it's easy to get caught up in our quirks.

Last years BAMA-lsu game was so special, that I dressed up a little extra for it. Wore khaki pants instead of jeans. Brown shoes instead of tennis shoes. I regret that decision to this very day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'm not very superstitious, but I always wear some Bama gear, whether in the stadium or at home, during the game...
    I bet some coaches strongly dislike their teams wearing Pro Combat style uniforms or anything radically different. I believe it's a recipe for playing out of sync.

But yes, when I was younger I sometimes felt like an Alabama loss was payback from the divine for bad deeds on my part.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Went to go to the restroom (it was a long line) during the SEC Championship game (2009 vs Florida)... While I was gone, Tebow threw a pass to David Nelson for a TD... I got back to the table, my brother said, you ain't going nowhere except halftime and that's it. Weird. But, I don't seriously believe in these things. The team wins or loses not just because of me necessarily.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

my friends and i have a tradition of burning a shirt from the opponent we are playing. last year i was at the bama-lsu reg. season game anf didnt get to burn anything and i got the blame when i got home from t-town, but it ended being just fine when the clock rang 0:00 in the NC game, all of them forgave and we rolled on. roll tide roll

BamaNation First Team

Well, actually, yes.

Earlier in the day of the Texas A&M game I was talking to a neighbor about my run of bad luck--the garbage people hauled my garbage can away on a Monday before I broke my wrist on Thursday the week before the game. I said my bad luck reliably runs in sets of 3 and that I had a bad feeling abut the A&M game that afternoon.

I'll always believe I jinxed them...

RTR

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

I had a friend from 2002 to 2007. You already know where I am going with this one! During that time, we were 0 and 6 vs *U. I lost touch with that friend not long after the Iron Bowl in 2007. We have been 3-1 vs *U (soon to be 4-1) since then. I still talk to him on occasion, but still have not seen him in person since late 2007. I may just have to keep it that way!
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.