Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Some folks taking this a little too seriously. Clearly, we don't affect the outcome, but it's easy to get caught up in our quirks.

Last years BAMA-lsu game was so special, that I dressed up a little extra for it. Wore khaki pants instead of jeans. Brown shoes instead of tennis shoes. I regret that decision to this very day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm not very superstitious, but I always wear some Bama gear, whether in the stadium or at home, during the game...
I bet some coaches strongly dislike their teams wearing Pro Combat style uniforms or anything radically different. I believe it's a recipe for playing out of sync.

But yes, when I was younger I sometimes felt like an Alabama loss was payback from the divine for bad deeds on my part.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Went to go to the restroom (it was a long line) during the SEC Championship game (2009 vs Florida)... While I was gone, Tebow threw a pass to David Nelson for a TD... I got back to the table, my brother said, you ain't going nowhere except halftime and that's it. Weird. But, I don't seriously believe in these things. The team wins or loses not just because of me necessarily.

rolltide1982

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2011
my friends and i have a tradition of burning a shirt from the opponent we are playing. last year i was at the bama-lsu reg. season game anf didnt get to burn anything and i got the blame when i got home from t-town, but it ended being just fine when the clock rang 0:00 in the NC game, all of them forgave and we rolled on. roll tide roll

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
Well, actually, yes.

Earlier in the day of the Texas A&M game I was talking to a neighbor about my run of bad luck--the garbage people hauled my garbage can away on a Monday before I broke my wrist on Thursday the week before the game. I said my bad luck reliably runs in sets of 3 and that I had a bad feeling abut the A&M game that afternoon.

I'll always believe I jinxed them...

RTR

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I had a friend from 2002 to 2007. You already know where I am going with this one! During that time, we were 0 and 6 vs *U. I lost touch with that friend not long after the Iron Bowl in 2007. We have been 3-1 vs *U (soon to be 4-1) since then. I still talk to him on occasion, but still have not seen him in person since late 2007. I may just have to keep it that way!:tongue:

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
I have a Shaun Alexander jersey that I have won ever since the '09 IB. We have lost two games when I didn't wear it '10 USCe and LSUx last year. Both times I didn't have my jersey on, and both times the reason was because I was at a wedding.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.