Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Cecil Hurt's Comments From Finebaum's Show

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSC View Post
    Considering how fast things can change in college football these days, I certainly wouldn't predict anything past this year relative to the Iron Bowl. Auburn isn't without talent, and given the right coach, could compete with us in short order.
    You deserve a big mooo for that.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post
    I agree with Cecil. The barn will not score tomorrow.
    I hope not, but I think they will.

They got 14 last year without any offense

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    One major difference between 1972 and tomorrow is that Auburn actually a good team in 1972. It was a major upset that took a strange series of events to happen, but they were a good team. This year, not so much.
    AU lost just once I believe, and named the team "The Amazin's"

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how fast things can change in college football these days, I certainly wouldn't predict anything past this year relative to the Iron Bowl. Auburn isn't without talent, and given the right coach, could compete with us in short order.
    I agree that it's impossible to predict the future and Cecil was quick to add he wasn't trying to but just offering his opinion.

However, the factors that are easy to see are what probably led to this:

1. Bama has the best coach in football today.
    2. Our recruiting is more bountiful and running over than Thanksgiving dinner.
    3. Auburn is having their worst year of football in decades.
    4. They are about to go through a coaching change.
    5. They have serious discipline issues.
    6. No matter who they may hire, he still has to face CNS in recruiting and each IB.
    7. There is the possible, looming NCAA issues.

There is probably more to add to the list, but that all adds up to a pretty positive outlook for Bama and pretty bleak one for Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like

A win today by Auburn would be the biggest upset in SEC history. It would be the biggest upset in college football in a generation. Bigger than USC/Stanford or Michigan/Appy State. Those games didn't involve coaches that were about to be fired.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

AU has some decent skill players but for them to hurt us Wallace has to play the game of his life. Also, the OL must have their best game of the year. I don't see those things happening. On defense their DL is talented but undisciplined however they could cause us some problems. Their LBs and DBs are among the worst in the SEC. If our OL does its job our O should put up plenty of points. UA 40 AU 6.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is true. Auburn can bring in the talent but they do have trouble coaching em up. All it takes is a great coach, and they're right back in the thick of things.

I agree with the score prediction but the dynasty crap.. it's just too difficult to keep it going like that. If it happens, it's great but I'm not expecting it.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cecil Hurt's Comments From Finebaum's Show

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    He does always seem old school to me with how cautious he is. But I heard he also predicted a shutout like around 35-0. I was surprised.

ETA: yes, he did predict 35-0

@finebaum: Drum roll .... @CecilHurt picks Alabama 35-0.
    In the paper today he has 36-0 as a tribute to 2008. Shug, Dye, and Tubbs were shutout in their final game and he thinks that tradition will continue. He also said it could be worse because this Barn teams is leaps worse than the 08 squad.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    One major difference between 1972 and tomorrow is that Auburn actually a good team in 1972. It was a major upset that took a strange series of events to happen, but they were a good team. This year, not so much.
    Bama could have taken a knee on those two fourth downs and the barn would not have scored either time.

BamaNation First Team aerospace_ray's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    In the paper today he has 36-0 as a tribute to 2008. Shug, Dye, and Tubbs were shutout in their final game and he thinks that tradition will continue. He also said it could be worse because this Barn teams is leaps worse than the 08 squad.
    I love this particular tradition, sending barner coaches out with goose eggs!!! ROLL TIDE
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think we should temper our enthusiasm. I still remember Punt Bama Punt and I feel sure our fans felt about the way most of our fans feel now. We have to be careful of a letdown today. We haven't played as well at home as we have on the road. Hopefully the team is not looking to the Georgia Dome. (look not further than 2010 when a ball roll 40 yards in a straight line.)

We are by far the best team, but the best team doesn't always win. The fans and the team need to bring our A game or strange things could happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Bama could bring their D game and win easy. This is the worst AU team of my lifetime.

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

my prediction is.....Bama, by a Crimson Wide margin