Cecil Hurt's Comments From Finebaum's Show

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
He does always seem old school to me with how cautious he is. But I heard he also predicted a shutout like around 35-0. I was surprised.

ETA: yes, he did predict 35-0

@finebaum: Drum roll .... @CecilHurt picks Alabama 35-0.
In the paper today he has 36-0 as a tribute to 2008. Shug, Dye, and Tubbs were shutout in their final game and he thinks that tradition will continue. He also said it could be worse because this Barn teams is leaps worse than the 08 squad.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
One major difference between 1972 and tomorrow is that Auburn actually a good team in 1972. It was a major upset that took a strange series of events to happen, but they were a good team. This year, not so much.
Bama could have taken a knee on those two fourth downs and the barn would not have scored either time.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
In the paper today he has 36-0 as a tribute to 2008. Shug, Dye, and Tubbs were shutout in their final game and he thinks that tradition will continue. He also said it could be worse because this Barn teams is leaps worse than the 08 squad.
I love this particular tradition, sending barner coaches out with goose eggs!!! ROLL TIDE

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think we should temper our enthusiasm. I still remember Punt Bama Punt and I feel sure our fans felt about the way most of our fans feel now. We have to be careful of a letdown today. We haven't played as well at home as we have on the road. Hopefully the team is not looking to the Georgia Dome. (look not further than 2010 when a ball roll 40 yards in a straight line.)

We are by far the best team, but the best team doesn't always win. The fans and the team need to bring our A game or strange things could happen.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
52-0. Write it down. And it could be 63-0 if we want it to be, but I believe Saban will rest the starters for UGA. Blake Sims and Kenyon Drake combine for 3 TD's today in mop up action.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think Auburn has a great team. ;) (Keep Cheese Dip...)
Heck they could even spot 'Slippery Rock' a field goal and maybe win... Maybe???

If we play our game... :BigA:
If Auburn plays their game... S.N.A.S.S.
Our bench may be playing before the second quarter is over. :)

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
52-0. Write it down. And it could be 63-0 if we want it to be, but I believe Saban will rest the starters for UGA. Blake Sims and Kenyon Drake combine for 3 TD's today in mop up action.

I could see Drake doing well. He may want to redeem himself, since everyone was wondering where he was last week. Hoping he is hungry for some touchdowns.

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
Considering how fast things can change in college football these days, I certainly wouldn't predict anything past this year relative to the Iron Bowl. Auburn isn't without talent, and given the right coach, could compete with us in short order.
With competent coaching, Auburn should be the most improved team of the century next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Poor ole Cecil. He was trying to be dramatic and he still came up on the "poormouthing" end of his prediction of 35-0.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.